Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ruby Rose. Check it out!
Ruby Rose Langenheim (born 20 March 1986), better known as Ruby Rose, is an Australian model, DJ, boxer, recording artist, actress, television presenter, and MTV VJ. Rose emerged in the media spotlight as a presenter on MTV Australia, followed by several high-profile modelling gigs, notably as the face of Maybelline New York in Australia. In addition to her modelling career, she has co-hosted various television shows, namely Australia’s Next Top Model and The Project on Network Ten.
Interesting Facts about Ruby Rose
- She checked herself into rehab in 2013 due to her struggles with depression and bipolar disorder.
- She was on the receiving end of intense verbal and physical bullying in school due to her sexuality.
- Rose has acquired 65 tattoos.
- Her great-grandfather was Alec Campbell, the last surviving Australian Battle of Gallipoli soldier.
- Rose is an avid supporter of animal rights and has been a member of PETA for years.
- She rose to prominence after finishing as runner-up in the 2002 Girlfriend Magazine Model Search.
- Her godfather is Indigenous Australian boxer Lionel Rose.
- Was unemployed for 2 years until a call from casting agent Jennifer Euston landed Ruby the role of Stella on Orange Is the New Black (2013).
- She is the first actress to play the DC Comics character Kate Kane/Batwoman in a live-action production.
- She has played the same character (Kate Kane / Batwoman) in five different series: Arrow (2012), The Flash (2014), Supergirl (2015), Legends of Tomorrow (2016) and Batwoman (2019).
- Almost drowned while filming The Meg (2018).
- Ruby Rose and DJ Trevi both appeared at San Diego Pride the same year in 2014, they later would appear together at Exchange L.A. night club the same night. Both have appeared on TV and film, and are some of the best DJ’s in the industry.
Personal Quotes by Ruby Rose
When I was younger, I didn’t know television presenting was a thing, which is how I totally got my foot in the door. But I didn’t really know that was a job. I never really had a TV or watched TV, and I really just wanted to be an actor.- Ruby Rose
Growing up, I had a very vivid imagination and Leonardo was like my best imaginary friend that I spoke to. When things were tough, or I was scared in an unsafe environment, I always imagined that the Ninja Turtles would come to the rescue.- Ruby Rose
Gender fluidity is not really feeling like you’re at one end of the spectrum or the other. For the most part, I definitely don’t identify as any gender. I’m not a guy; I don’t really feel like a woman, but obviously I was born one. So, I’m somewhere in the middle, which – in my perfect imagination – is like having the best of both sexes.- Ruby Rose
I feel like I’m a boy, but I don’t feel like I should’ve been born with different parts of my body or anything like that. I feel like it’s just all in how I dress and how I talk and how I look and feel, and that makes me happy.- Ruby Rose
I have a lot of characteristics that would normally be present in a guy and then less that would be present in a woman.- Ruby Rose