Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Rupert Grint. Check it out!
Rupert Alexander Lloyd Grint was born in Harlow, Essex, England, the elder son of Joanne (Parsons) and Nigel Grint, who dealt in memorabilia. The first of 5 children, Rupert has one brother and 3 sisters. His brother James was born when Rupert was a year old, Georgina and Samantha were born in 1993 and 1996 respectively, and last, but not least, Charlotte, who was born in 1999.
Interesting Facts about Rupert Grint
- Filming Cherrybomb (2009). [August 2008]
- He and his “Harry Potter” co-stars Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson were named #9 on Entertainment Weekly’s Best Entertainers of the Year, 2005.
- Skjåk, Oppland, Norway: Filming Norwegian movie Cross of Honour (2012). [March 2011]
- Currently filming Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (2009). [October 2007]
- Siblings are: James (b. 1990); Georgina (b. 1993); Samantha (b. 1996); and Charlotte (b. 1998).
- He is of English and 1/8th Irish ancestry.
- In an interview in 2001 on Nickelodeon with Emma Watson and Daniel Radcliffe, he stated his favorite show was SpongeBob SquarePants (1999).
- Was considered one of the 55 faces of the future by Nylon Magazine’s Young Hollywood Issue.
- Neglected to write the essay describing Ron Weasley for director Alfonso Cuarón, reasoning “that’s what Ron would have done.”.
- His first child, a daughter, was born in May 2020.
- Bought a quad bike with his Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (2001) earnings.
- Filming Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005). [April 2004]
Personal Quotes by Rupert Grint
We had a script reading, and that’s where we met J.K. Rowling, which was really exciting.- Rupert Grint
Ron was always my favorite character, because I feel like I relate to him, like we’ve both got red hair, we both like sweets, we’ve both got lots of brothers and sisters.- Rupert Grint
People recognize me, call me Ron, and ask me questions. It’s really cool and weird as well.- Rupert Grint
I was really nervous. Even when I left the audition I was nervous.- Rupert Grint
I’ve known Emma Watson since she was 9, we’ve watched each other grow up, formed this sort of brother/sister bond, and suddenly I’m leaning in to kiss her. Well, it felt completely wrong… but, you know, you try to sink into the character and divorce yourself from it. We ended up laughing hysterically afterwards.- Rupert Grint