Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Sarah Michelle Gellar. Check it out!
Emmy Award-winning Sarah Michelle Gellar was born on April 14, 1977 in New York City, the daughter of Rosellen (Greenfield), who taught at a nursery school, and Arthur Gellar, who worked in the garment industry. She is of Russian Jewish and Hungarian Jewish descent.
Interesting Facts about Sarah Michelle Gellar
- Returned to work 7 months after giving birth to her son Rocky in order to begin filming The Crazy Ones (2013).
- #8 on Google.com’s most searched women in 2002.
- Signed onto Southland Tales (2006) before even reading the script. She thought the writer/director Richard Kelly presented a world and an idea, and a concept to her so thoroughly that she couldn’t say no.
- She broke a bone in her hand while filming the Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Homecoming (1998).
- Director Raja Gosnell wanted a real life Hollywood couple to play Fred and Daphne in Scooby-Doo (2002) – Sarah and real life boyfriend Freddie Prinze Jr. were his first choice.
- Is a big fan of pop singer Kylie Minogue. She attended her Fever2002 tour when she was in Australia shooting a movie there.
- Is allergic to cats and has a phobia about broken glass.
- Attended the Professional Children’s School in New York City; graduated with a 4.0 grade average.
- Is mentioned by name in a song called “Harder” by Xzibit.
- Presented an award at the Glamour Awards 2003.
- Ranked #18 in the Top 100 TV Teen Stars.
- She threw a baby shower for her Cruel Intentions (1999) co-star Selma Blair. Actress Jaime King also helped Gellar with the event. [21 May 2011].
Personal Quotes by Sarah Michelle Gellar
How can women be as thin as we are? We have personal trainers to work us out. We have specially prepared meals.- Sarah Michelle Gellar
As with anything, you need to keep your creative juices flowing and keep the character interesting.- Sarah Michelle Gellar
Ultimately, I want to have a good career and do interesting work.- Sarah Michelle Gellar
I’ve always been fascinated by Asian culture, and I love that women can play the lead in a horror film.- Sarah Michelle Gellar
I think it’s a mistake if people just fall in love and think that that’s the only thing you need to keep you happy. There’s a lot more to being with someone than just love.- Sarah Michelle Gellar