Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Selma Blair. Check it out!
One of our most exciting and versatile actresses, Selma Blair first gained attention for her performance in Cruel Intentions (1999), a youthful retelling of the classic novel “Les Liaisons Dangereuses”.
Interesting Facts about Selma Blair
- (October 20, 2018) Was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis on August 16th this year. She probably had this disease for at least 15 years before being diagnosed.
- Went to camp at Black River Farm and Ranch, a horseback riding camp for girls.
- Uses a cane while walking due to multiple sclerosis.
- Originally moved to New York to pursue photography. Her plans soon changed, however, as she wound up studying at the Stella Adler Conservatory and Column Theater.
- Throughout high school she disliked her first name and went by just Blair.
- Was supposed to be a regular on the TV show Getting Personal (1998), but was fired after the original pilot.
- Graduated from the University of Michigan in 1994 (BFA in Photography).
- Attended Cranbrook Kingswood School in Bloomfield, MI, at the same time as Elizabeth Berkley. Another graduate was Jaime Ray Newman.
- Was in consideration for the role of Susan Johnson in Arthur (2011), but Jennifer Garner was cast instead.
- Inadvertently guest starred in the season five episode of Xena Warrior Princess, “Lifeblood” when the scenes and story from the unreleased TV Movie/Pilot “Amazon High” (made by the producers of Xena) were used as part of the episode’s story line via flashbacks.
- Auditioned for the part of Joey in Dawson’s Creek (1998).
- Her mother was a judge and her sister was a police officer for 11 years.
Personal Quotes by Selma Blair
I think we all feel like misfits when we open our mouth sometimes, you know?– Selma Blair
I have three sisters, that’s it for the family.– Selma Blair
I have very little faith that I’ll ever find someone. I’ve had some bad luck and I’ve made some bad choices – not in men, but in how I’ve chosen to deal with relationships.– Selma Blair
Perhaps I have managed some sort of longevity because I haven’t won the lead roles. I don’t have the pressure of being a world-famous bombshell that has detonated.– Selma Blair
I don’t always know how to communicate. I think I get a bit unfiltered and a bit strange to people.– Selma Blair