Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Seth Green. Check it out!
Seth Green has starred in numerous films and television series including the Austin Powers trilogy, The Italian Job (2003), Without a Paddle (2004), Party Monster (2003), Can’t Hardly Wait (1998), Old Dogs (2009) and dozens more, including starring roles in Sexy Evil Genius (2013), The Story of Luke (2012) and Yellowbird (2014). He’s portrayed Christopher Guest in Netflix’s National Lampoon origin film, A Futile and Stupid Gesture (2018), and he starred opposite Katie Holmes and Michael Caine in Dear Dictator (2017). Green made his feature film directorial debut with Changeland (2019) starring Green, Breckin Meyer, Brenda Song, Macaulay Culkin, Clare Grant and Randy Orton. He is the co-creator/executive producer/primary voice talent and a writer/director on Robot Chicken (2005), 2010 & 2016 Emmy® Award-winner for Outstanding Short Format Animation Program. Green has voiced Chris Griffin on Family Guy (1999) since the series’ inception. Green has been singled out for many Emmy voiceover nominations for Adult Swim’s Robot Chicken. The show, the network’s highest-rated original program, and their specials have won numerous Annie Awards for writing and producing, including one for Green for directing. In 2011, Green and his partners created Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, a full-service animation studio with many other projects including: Crackle’s SuperMansion, Adult Swim’s Hot Streets (2016) and WWE’s Camp WWE (2016). In December 2017, the company signed a two-year first-look deal with 20th Century Fox Film to develop animated and live-action projects. Green has always been fascinated by space travel and has done a PSA for NASA and designed the CASIS patch for ISS U.S. National Laboratory missions for research to benefit life on Earth.
Interesting Facts about Seth Green
- He had a part filmed for Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992); the part was left on the cutting room floor, but a still from the scene appeared on the rear of the commercial release videocassette box. Seth eventually got to be in Buffy, though, on the TV series.
- Has made his entrance in two separate films to two separate Clay Aiken songs. They are “Invisible” in Without a Paddle (2004) and “The Way” in Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004).
- Seth is not related to Bruce Seth Green, who directed some episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997). On occasion, some sources confuse the two and have credited Seth as the director.
- Based the gravelly voice of Chris Griffin in Family Guy (1999) on the Buffalo Bill character from The Silence of the Lambs (1991).
- Revealed in a 2005 “Fresh Air with Terry Gross” interview that he had auditioned for the American Beauty (1999) role that eventually went to Wes Bentley, and he was the runner-up for the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (2004) role that went to Elijah Wood.
- Not many people know that he was responsible for one of the most overused catchphrases of the 1990s. In 1992 he appeared in a commercial for Rally’s Burgers as an obnoxious drive-thru cashier who kept repeating the line “Cha-CHING!!” over and over again and the line entered the popular culture.
- Has an older sister, Kaela Green.
- Currently working on his show Robot Chicken (2005). [November 2006]
- Was the guest host on WWE Monday Night Raw (July 13th) [July 2009]
- Attended the same middle school in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania as pop artist Eve.
- E! Entertainment Television’s poll proclaimed him the hottest young actor in Hollywood.
- Entertainment Weekly once named him Best TV Actor.
Personal Quotes by Seth Green
During the writer’s strike I was walking a line and ran into Jack Black and he said, ‘We’re doing Airborne 2!’, and I asked, ‘Are you kidding?’, and he said, ‘Yeah.’ I like ‘Airborne,’ its very pure.- Seth Green
I was never specifically associated with a part, I didn’t have tons of money, I wasn’t conventionally tall or handsome, so you know the things that were available to me were hard work and perseverance.- Seth Green
I was never famous as a kid. That’s the biggest difference between me and any other kid actor is that I wasn’t famous as a kid.- Seth Green
I’ve noticed that girls between like 20 and 30 seem to know ‘Can’t Hardly Wait.’ I got the goth kids who know ‘Buffy.’ I got this wide spectrum of people who range from like 8 to 13 who seem to know ‘Scooby-Doo.’ Then I get the international people who seem to know ‘Austin Powers’ and ‘The Italian Job.’- Seth Green