Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Sofia Vassilieva. Check it out!
Sofia Vassilieva was born on October 22, 1992 in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA as Sofia Vladimirovna Vassilieva. She is an actress, known for My Sister’s Keeper (2009), Medium (2005) and The Wonderful World of Disney (1995).
Interesting Facts about Sofia Vassilieva
- Won a 2006 Young Artist Award in the Best Performance in a TV Series (Drama) – Supporting Young Actress for her role as Ariel Dubois in Medium (2005).
- She skipped one grade in Elementary School in 1999, before her success and winning the Child Actress award on IMTA 2000, i.e. before her real interest in acting began.
- Started taking ballet at 3, gymnastics at 5, playing piano at 7, riding horses at 10, and recently became fascinated by yoga. Still takes yoga, ballet and horse riding classes.
- She was nominated for a Syfyportal Genre Award as best young actor/actress for her role in Medium, lost the award to Harry Potter’s Daniel Radcliffe.
- Discovered at the IMTA in New York in 2000, where she won 7 awards including the title of Child Actress and first runner-up Child Model Of The Year.
- When she was 3, she started speaking French and reading in Russian and English, being fluent in these three languages, she now enjoys studying Spanish and American Sign Language. As of 2015 speaks and writes about seven- eight languages.
- At 17 became a student of Columbia University in New York City .
- Was accepted to and completed the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art’s Acting Shakespeare course; London, UK [Summer 2013].
- Before moving to Los Angeles at 11, she lived in Minnesota, Oregon, Arizona and Utah.
- Graduated from Concord High School in Santa Monica, CA [June 7,2010].
- In 2009 became an honorary ambassador for Stand Up to Cancer.
- Was offered the part of Claire in The Clique (2008), but bowed out due to scheduling conflicts.
Personal Quotes by Sofia Vassilieva
I would like to learn so many things: I’d like to take tennis classes, I’d like continuing vocal lessons, and I’d definitely like taking more ice skating and more tap.– Sofia Vassilieva
There is work, and there is pleasure; acting is pleasure.– Sofia Vassilieva
I want to be challenged, I want to work, and I want to feel that I am not being held back, that there is something in front of me, something more inspiring than… just eating breakfast, you know?– Sofia Vassilieva
My mother is my hero.– Sofia Vassilieva
As long as you can laugh, you are not old.– Sofia Vassilieva