Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Sylvester Stallone. Check it out!
This athletically built, dark-haired American actor/screenwriter/director may never be mentioned by old-school film critics in the same breath as, say, Richard Burton or Alec Guinness; however, movie fans worldwide have been flocking to see Stallone’s films for over 30 years, making “Sly” one of Hollywood’s biggest-ever box office draws.
Interesting Facts about Sylvester Stallone
- Stallone has never recaptured the critical success he won initially after Rocky (1976), when Roger Ebert said he could be the next Marlon Brando. He has been nominated a record 30 times for the Golden Raspberry Awards, usually in the “Worst Actor” category, and has won 10 times. The Golden Raspberry Award Foundation awarded him a special “Worst Actor of the Century” award in 2000.
- His publicist is Michelle Bega.
- He was inducted Hulk Hogan (Terry Bolea) in the WWE Hall of Fame, as part of the Class of 2005. This is the first time between these two that wrestling fans had seen them together since Rocky III (1982).
- Supported Republican candidate Arnold Schwarzenegger in his re- election bid for Governor of California in 2006, and donated $15,000 to his campaign.
- On 8 March 2005 he appeared in his first magazine issue of Sly which came out monthly. He was on the cover of every magazine and did most of the articles and interviews himself.
- Attended the University of Miami on an athletic scholarship
- Has a total of five children: Sage Stallone and Seargeoh Stallone with first wife Sasha Czack and Sophia Rose Stallone, Sistine Rose Stallone and Scarlet Rose Stallone with third wife Jennifer Flavin.
- In 2009, he was going to direct and star in Death Wish (2018). He backed out due to “creative differences”.
- He was considered for Michael Douglas’ roles in Fatal Attraction (1987) and Basic Instinct (1992).
- Listed as one of the top heroes of all time by the American film Institute (AFI) on 2003, he listed seventh behind Gregory Peck, Harrison Ford, Sean Connery, Humphrey Bogart, Gary Cooper and Jodie Foster.
- He joins Roberto Benigni, Prince, Kevin Costner, William Shatner, and Tom Green as being the only actors to direct themselves in performances that would “win” them a Razzie Award for Worst Actor.
- Was voted the pupil most likely to die in the electric chair.
Personal Quotes by Sylvester Stallone
For ‘Rocky II,’ I got a torn pectoral muscle, I got all beat up inside, I had to have an operation to splice things back together.– Sylvester Stallone
I am not the richest, smartest or most talented person in the world, but I succeed because I keep going and going and going.– Sylvester Stallone
I believe any success in life is made by going into an area with a blind, furious optimism.– Sylvester Stallone
Every time I’ve failed, people had me out for the count, but I always come back.– Sylvester Stallone
At the end of the day, ‘Rocky’ is a love story, and he could never have reached the final bell without Adrian.– Sylvester Stallone