Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Taron Egerton. Check it out!
Taron Egerton is a British actor and singer, known for his roles in the British television series The Smoke, the 2014 action comedy film Kingsman: The Secret Service, and the film Rocketman (2019). He has also played Edward Brittain in the 2014 drama film Testament of Youth, appeared in the 2015 crime thriller film Legend, starred as Eddie “The Eagle” Edwards in the 2016 biographical film Eddie the Eagle, voiced Johnny in the 2016 animated musical film Sing, and reprised his role in the 2017 Kingsman sequel, The Golden Circle.
Interesting Facts about Taron Egerton
- Taron was born in Birkenhead, Cheshire, England, to English parents from Liverpool, although one of his grandmothers was Welsh. After living in Wirral, in England, his family moved to Wales during his childhood, living in Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, on the island of Anglesey, and later in Aberystwyth. His father used to run a bed-and-breakfast and his mother works in social services.
- Having grown up in Welsh-speaking areas, Anglesey and Ceredigion, Taron has acquired a good knowledge of conversational Welsh and had a ‘Welshoff’ with Luke Evans on the Jonathan Ross show.
- Auditioned for Scott Summers/Cyclops in X-Men: Apocalypse (2016), but turned the role down.
- Is an RADA-trained actor who graduated with a BA (Hons) Acting in 2012.
- Attended Ysgol Penglais Comprehensive school.
- Fell in love with acting as a teen after performing in his first production, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, in which he played Flute, the cross-dressing Mechanical.
- Although being born in England, he considers himself to be Welsh through and through. His family moved to Wales when Egerton was twelve.
- Started out in Aberystwyth Arts Centre before moving on to RADA.
- His name, “Taron,” is a version of the traditional Welsh name, “Taran,” which means “thunder.” His name came from a spelling mistake on his mother’s part, putting an “o” instead of the second “a.”.
- Is a member of the National Youth Theatre.
- Follows Manchester United Football club.
- Won the Stephen Sondheim Society ‘Student Performer of the Year’ 2011 when he was 21 years old.
Personal Quotes by Taron Egerton
I’m into books – I love literature, so I toyed with the idea of being an English teacher. I had a fantastic English teacher at school. I think great English teachers make the world go round.- Taron Egerton
That’s the joy of making a movie: watching all the elements come together.- Taron Egerton
I didn’t go to drama school to be a musical theatre performer. I enjoyed it, but I didn’t go to do that; I went to be an actor.- Taron Egerton
I’m trying to play parts which are a little more out there, but I want variety.- Taron Egerton
This is going to sound a bit weird because she’s a lot older than I am, but I’ve got a thing for Meryl Streep.- Taron Egerton