Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Timothée Chalamet. Check it out!
Timothée Hal Chalamet was born in Manhattan, to Nicole Flender, a real estate broker and dancer, and Marc Chalamet, a UNICEF editor. His mother, who is from New York, is Jewish, of Russian Jewish and Austrian Jewish descent. His father, who is from Nîmes, France, is of French and English ancestry. He is the brother of actress Pauline Chalamet, a nephew of director Rodman Flender, and a grandson of screenwriter Harold Flender.
Interesting Facts about Timothée Chalamet
- Brother of actress Pauline Chalamet and nephew of writer, producer, and director Amy Lippman.
- In 2017, became the youngest winner of the NYFCC’s Best Actor prize, for Call Me by Your Name (2017).
- His first album was 50 Cent’s Get Rich or Die Tryin’.
- Auditioned for the role of Patrick in Manchester by the Sea (2016). He lost out to Lucas Hedges.
- Timothée is the French form of Timothy. In the French version of the Bible, Timothée is the companion of St. Paul. It is a masculine name. The name is pronounced in French as tim-o-tay.
- Considers Kiernan Shipkato be his little sister.
- Auditioned for Bates Motel (2013) but used the wrong Psycho reference point (thinking it was American Psycho) so he didn’t get the role. Freddie Highmore did.
- Despite his distinctly French first and last names, Timothée is of only one quarter French ancestry. His other roots are one quarter British Isles and one half Ashkenazi Jewish.
- Of his time at Columbia, he said he felt like another product on the factory line.
- Despite having an Italian instructor to prepare for Call Me by Your Name, he cannot speak the language and says would have preferred to do it phonetically.
- Among movies he auditioned for but never got a response or call back include The Neon Demon (2016), White Boy Rick (2018), The Theory of Everything (2014), Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children (2016), and Manchester by the Sea (2016).
- After Interstellar, which he thought would be his breakout role (only for it to be a minor one), Timothée had a streak of rejections and would get upset watching movies he had auditioned for or even watching movies with actors his age.