Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Tom Cruise. Check it out!
In 1976, if you had told fourteen-year-old Franciscan seminary student Thomas Cruise Mapother IV that one day in the not too distant future he would be Tom Cruise, one of the top 100 movie stars of all time, he would have probably grinned and told you that his ambition was to join the priesthood. Nonetheless, this sensitive, deeply religious youngster who was born in 1962 in Syracuse, New York, was destined to become one of the highest paid and most sought after actors in screen history.
Interesting Facts about Tom Cruise
- Has spent the last few years in big budget fantasy projects like Oblivion (2013) and Edge of Tomorrow (2014).
- Stopped to help a hit and run victim and paid her hospital bills. The victim was aspiring Brazilian actress Heloisa Vinhas (1996).
- Has donated to charities such as The Ashley Flint Fund, The Tsunami Relief Fund, Themoms.biz Diabetes Fund, Hillary Clinton’s Campaign and The Church of Scientology.
- Along with co-star Cameron Diaz, he visited Rio de Janeiro, Brazil briefly (less then 24 hrs) to promote their latest film, Knight and Day (2010) on July 6, 2010.
- Has two dogs called Basil and Murray and a cat called Harvey.
- Celebrated his 43rd birthday atop the holiday box office with War of the Worlds (2005).
- Cruise earned roughly $75 million for Mission: Impossible II (2000). He did this by turning down any upfront salary, for instead taking a back-end deal that landed him 30% of the film’s gross for both his producing and acting duties.
- He and Katie Holmes both wore Armani at their wedding.
- All three of his ex-wives were 34 when they divorced him.
- According to Forbes magazine, for each dollar he got paid, Cruise’s movies averaged $11 of gross income. [December 2007]
- In 1974, when Cruise was 12, his parents divorced.
- Nine actors so far have got an Oscar nomination for their role in a movie co-starring Tom Cruise. Paul Newman, Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio, Dustin Hoffman, Jack Nicholson, Holly Hunter, Cuba Gooding Jr., Ken Watanabe, Jamie Foxx and Robert Downey Jr..
Personal Quotes by Tom Cruise
I have respect for what other people believe. What I believe in my own life is that it’s a search for how I can do things better, whether it’s being a better man or a better father or finding ways for myself to improve.- Tom Cruise
When you have to cope with a lot of problems, you’re either going to sink or you’re going to swim.- Tom Cruise
It’s well known I’m a Scientologist, and that has helped me to find that inner peace in my life and it’s something that has given me great stability and tools that I use.- Tom Cruise
Saddam has committed many crimes against humanity and against his own people.- Tom Cruise
I don’t care who you are, life has challenges.- Tom Cruise