Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Vanessa Kirby. Check it out!
Vanessa Kirby is an English stage, TV, and film actress. From 2016 to 2018, Kirby portrayed Princess Margaret in Peter Morgan’s Netflix series The Crown, for which she won the BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role in a Television Series in 2018. She starred as Estella in the BBC adaptation of Great Expectations, Joanna in Richard Curtis’ romantic comedy About Time and Mission: Impossible – Fallout (2018). She is known mostly for her stage work, having won acclaim and awards for various productions, including Streetcar Named Desire with Ben Foster which transferred to New York; with Variety in 2016 called her “the outstanding stage actress of her generation, capable of the most unexpected choices.” After MI6, she had a leading role in another action blockbuster, Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw (2019)
Interesting Facts about Vanessa Kirby
- Shares a flat with her sister Juliet, a theatrical agent, and best friend in London’s Tooting district .
- At school she was a victim of frequent bullying.
- During one of the previews of the play “Julie” in 2018 in which she played the title role, a fight broke out between two men in the balcony circle during the applause at the end. One of the men tried to push the other over the balcony railing (Lyttleton Theatre, London).
- Vanessa was raised in Wimbledon, London, England (within earshot of the famous tennis games).
- Mother is a former editor of Country Living magazine.
- Father is urologist and prostate surgeon Roger Kirby.
- Nominated for the 2018 Emmy Award in the Supporting Actress in a Drama Series category for her role as Princess Margaret in The Crown (2016), but lost to Thandie Newton from Westworld (2016).
Personal Quotes by Vanessa Kirby
When I first started doing screen work, I thought, ‘I’m not beautiful enough for this profession – all the actresses I watch on screen are gorgeous and beautiful goddesses, but I’m just a scrawny, scruffy girl from southwest London.’- Vanessa Kirby
As I’m getting older, I feel like maybe I need to grow up a bit.- Vanessa Kirby
As a person, I’m incredibly overfamiliar. I have to be careful what I say!- Vanessa Kirby
My characters are always unlucky in love. It’s annoying, but perhaps there is something in me that is suited to characters that have a darkness. Maybe it’s why I play such damaged people when I’m not particularly damaged myself, I would say.- Vanessa Kirby
I always saw myself as a stage actress, and that was the reason I wanted to act, but very slowly, I’ve changed.- Vanessa Kirby