Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Will Ferrell. Check it out!
John William Ferrell was born in Irvine, California, to Betty Kay (Overman), a teacher, and Roy Lee Ferrell, Jr., a musician. His parents were originally from Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina.
Interesting Facts about Will Ferrell
- Ranked #51 in Premiere magazine’s 2004 Power 100 List. It is his first appearance on the list.
- He can be heard (uncredited) in the movie Kingpin (1996) in the background during the final bowling scene between Bill Murray and Woody Harrelson’s characters shouting, “Ernie, you’re the man!”.
- His wife, Viveca Paulin, is Swedish.
- He and his wife Viveca Paulin ran in the New York City Marathon in 2001, finishing together in 5 hours, 1 minute and 56 seconds.
- He was the first and last guest on The Tonight Show with Conan O’Brien (2009).
- Is a member of an adult soccer league that plays at Crossroads School for Arts and Sciences – an exclusive private school in Santa Monica, California.
- His first son was born during the filming Kicking & Screaming (2005), which is why it is his favorite of the films he appeared in. He said that he is eager for his son to see it, because he will always associate it with his birth.
- Turned down $28 million dollars to be in Elf 2 in late 2013.
- Is a member of what the media refers to as “The Frat Pack”, along with Jack Black, Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, Steve Carell, Owen Wilson and Luke Wilson. The “Frat Pack” name is a reference to the film Old School (2003) featuring Vince Vaughn, Ferrell and Luke Wilson, due to the wide number of films featuring the seven actors. Ferrell’s “Frat Pack” films include Zoolander (2001), Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004), Starsky & Hutch (2004) and Wedding Crashers (2005).
- Older brother of Patrick Ferrell.
- Friends with John C. Reilly, and Mark Ryan Walberg.
- Son, Magnus Paulin Ferrell, born on March 7, 2004. He weighed 8 lbs. 12 oz.
Personal Quotes by Will Ferrell
If you are going to wrestle a bear, try to stay away from all fish oil products, you know. I mean it’s tough for me, because I love to rub myself with salmon oil every day – it’s a great conditioner for the hair, skin.- Will Ferrell
A lot of people have gotten into comedy because of certain influences in their lives or events that were painful, and I really have wracked my brain to figure it out. I pretty much have had a normal childhood. Maybe it was too normal.- Will Ferrell
Members of the Senate and House, if they want to send troops into war, should be forced to send a family member. That would really make everyone stop and go, ‘Ohhh-kaaay.’- Will Ferrell
I always just forced myself to do crazy things in public. In college I would push an overhead projector across campus with my pants just low enough to show my butt. Then my friend would incite the crowd to be like, ‘Look at that idiot!’ That’s how I got over being shy.- Will Ferrell
Oftentimes, even as a little kid, I would get up before anyone else. My brother would still be sleeping, my mom would still be sleeping, so I would literally play ‘Monopoly’ by myself. I would play board games; I would do things by myself.- Will Ferrell