Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Zach Galifianakis. Check it out!
Zach Galifianakis was born in Wilkesboro, North Carolina, to Mary Frances (Cashion), who owned a community arts center, and Harry Galifianakis, a heating oil vendor. His father is of Greek descent and his mother is of mostly English and Scottish ancestry. Zach moved to New York City after failing his last college class by one point. Zach got his start performing his brand of humor in the back of a hamburger joint in Times Square. He toured the country, performing in coffee shops and universities.
Interesting Facts about Zach Galifianakis
- His paternal grandparents, Emmanuel “Mike” Galifianakis and Sophia Kastrinakis, were Greek immigrants, born in Heraklion, Crete, Greece. His mother’s ancestry is Scottish, English, Welsh, French Huguenot, and Irish.
- (Zach Galifianakis: Actually Me GQ Segment) Is claustrophobic. But not as much as he used to be. Used to not ride elevators but now he can ride an elevator.
- Since his breakthrough performance in The Hangover (2009), he regularly gets invitations for wedding parties, with the request to come dressed as his ‘Hangover’ character Alan Garner. He says that he has no intention of ever honoring such a request.
- In the late 90s before his career started, he went on a road trip to California from New York with two friends. 20 years later he still have the same car.
- Attended North Carolina State University (did not graduate).
- Wife Quinn Lundberg gave birth to their first child, a boy born on September 7, 2013,.
- Has appeared in 2 films that have been Oscar nominated for Best Picture: Up in the Air (2009) and Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) (2014). Birdman won the Best Picture Oscar.
- Nephew of former U.S. Congressman Nick Galifainakis (NC) (1967-1973), who ran for the U.S. Senate against Jesse Helms in 1972.
- Cousin of cartoonist Nick Galifianakis.
Personal Quotes by Zach Galifianakis
I wish I could sit back and say, ‘Oh, I’m gonna wait for a Merchant-Ivory film to come my way. Or Ivory-Merchant. Whatever it’s called. But you just take what’s given and then, hopefully, down the road you can be more choosy and only do, say, Wayans brothers movies. That’s my goal: to be more Merchant-Ivory-Wayans.- Zach Galifianakis
We all know how funny Morrissey is. Actually, you know what? I say that sarcastically. His songs are some of the funniest songs I’ve ever heard in my life. I mean, really. I mean, not that the ‘Girlfriend in a Coma’ is, like, really funny.- Zach Galifianakis
I talk to younger actor types, and they bring up that word, ‘brand,’ and it’s like, ‘All right, if that’s the way you want to look at yourself.’ Diet Pepsi’s a brand; you’re a human being.- Zach Galifianakis
When a role seems fun it’s easy to play. It kind of comes organically.- Zach Galifianakis
I haven’t been hit since Leon Spinks hit me in ’92.- Zach Galifianakis