Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Zoe Saldana. Check it out!
Zoe Saldana was born on June 19, 1978 in Passaic, New Jersey, to Asalia Nazario and Aridio Saldaña. Her father was Dominican and her mother is Puerto Rican. She was raised in Queens, New York. When she was 10 years old, she and her family moved to the Dominican Republic, where they would live for the next seven years. While living there, Zoe discovered a keen interest in performance dance and began her training at the prestigious ECOS Espacio de Danza Dance Academy where she learned ballet as well as other dance forms. Not only did her training provide an excellent outlet for the enthusiastic and energetic youngster, it would also prove to be a fortunate precursor for the start of her professional acting career. At age 17, Zoe and her family moved back to the United States where her love for dance followed and an interest in theater performance became stronger.
Interesting Facts about Zoe Saldana
- In The Terminal (2004), Saldana’s character, Torres, is revealed to be a huge fan of Star Trek. Saldana went on to be cast as Nyota Uhura in Star Trek (2009).
- To prepare for her role as Nyota Uhura in Star Trek (2009), she met with Nichelle Nichols who played the same character on the original series.
- Returned to work 7 months after giving birth to her twins Cy and Bowie to begin filming Star Trek Beyond (2016).
- Sons Cy and Bowie are named after the artist Cy Twombly and the singer David Bowie.
- Ranked #3 on Maxim magazine’s Hot 100 Women of 2010 list.
- Was chosen as one of People magazine’s annual 100 Most Beautiful People in the World, Beauty at Every Age section, for age 28. [May 2007]
- She is the first (and to date, the only) actress in history to star in three films that made more than two billion dollars at the box office: Avatar (2009), Avengers: Infinity War (2018) and Avengers: Endgame (2019).
- Says she’s a sci-fi geek who just happens to dress nice.
- She studied ballet from the time she was ten to her teens when she gave this up as she “didn’t have the feet”.
- Is a supporter of FINCA International, a non-profit microfinance organization.
- Did an intense nonstop six-month preparation for Avatar (2009) including martial arts, archery and horseback riding.
- Was engaged to Keith Britton in June 2010 but they separated in November 2011.
Personal Quotes by Zoe Saldana
There’s nobody on this earth who can tell you that what you’re feeling is wrong. They can tell you it’s different to what they’re feeling.- Zoe Saldana
There are a lot of magazines that are still sort of… that only cater to a certain demographic and only put certain people on their covers.- Zoe Saldana
I love wearing men’s clothing and underwear.- Zoe Saldana
As a woman, you spend so much time either cooking or getting ready to go somewhere. I like to have music when I’m doing either of these things.- Zoe Saldana
I’m more of a guy’s girl. I like having a beer in a bar, and I don’t bicker or sit down and do my nails.- Zoe Saldana