Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Anna Kendrick. Check it out!
Anna Kendrick was born in Portland, Maine, to Janice (Cooke), an accountant, and William Kendrick, a teacher. She has an older brother, Michael Cooke Kendrick, who has also acted. She is of English, Irish, and Scottish descent.
Interesting Facts about Anna Kendrick
- During an interview with the A.V. Club in 2011, she called Jessica, the character she played in the Twilight (2008)-series, an idiot.
- Of mostly English, Irish, and Scottish ancestry, with many recent Canadian-born forebears, Anna Kendrick is the daughter of William Kendrick, a history teacher who also works in finance, and his wife, Janice Cooke, an accountant. Kendrick is the younger sister of Michael Cooke Kendrick.
- She is the Spokesperson for Hilton Hotels. Ad agency saw her in the Movie Up In The Air about traveling executives.
- Jason Reitman cast her in Up in the Air (2009), after seeing her performance in Rocket Science (2007).
- Graduated from Deering High School (Portland, Maine) in 2003.
- Was Jason Reitman’s first and only choice for the role of Natalie Keener in the film Up in the Air (2009).
- Only actress of the ‘Twilight Saga’ to be nominated for an Oscar, while the ‘Saga’ was still in production. She was nominated in 2010, between the second and the third installments in the series.
- George Clooney mocked her on the set of their movie Up in the Air (2009) because she was flying from and to this set to Twilight (2008)’s, filming at the same time.
- Had a body double for her nude scene in Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates (2016).
- Has the unique achievement of appearing in three big screen musicals – Into the Woods (2014), The Last Five Years (2014) and Pitch Perfect 2 (2015) – that are set to be released theatrically within just six months of each other, from December 2014 to May 2015.
- Ranked #15 in People’s “25 Beauties (and Hotties) at 25” list in 2011.
- In a relationship with British cinematographer Ben Richardson [August 2014].
Personal Quotes by Anna Kendrick
I hate when people think you’re broken because your parents are divorced. And I really reject the idea of staying together for the kids. If they’re growing up in a house that’s not healthy, it’s better to know that’s not the model of what marriage should be.- Anna Kendrick
I guess as long as people think of me for different ages, I’ll trust their opinion. I remember noticing one year that Michelle Monaghan played 34 and 19, so I’ve kind of clung to that as my justification that I can be Jake Gyllenhaal’s wife and a freshman in college in the same year.- Anna Kendrick
I rarely get recognised. It’s always a shock when someone notices me. I always think they must be confusing me with someone else.- Anna Kendrick
My goal all along has just been to work and support myself. I’ve been really lucky to walk away from the ‘Twilight’ series unscathed. Somebody asked me recently what it’s like to be a star. I thought that was the strangest question. If you saw my day-to-day life, the word ‘star’ just doesn’t apply.- Anna Kendrick
I think tights make a comeback out of necessity every season: you can only go so far with naked legs in the cold! You’ve got to protect yourself. I remember going to a fashion show and saying, ‘And it’s okay if I wear nude tights with this?’ to the designer, who looked at me like I just killed his dog or something.- Anna Kendrick