Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Anthony Michael Hall. Check it out!
Anthony Michael Hall was born in West Roxbury, Massachusetts. His parents are Mercedes Hall, an actress-blues and jazz singer, and Larry Hall, who owned an auto body shop. His stepfather is a show-business manager. His sister, Mary Christian, is also a performer. He has Irish and Italian ancestry. Hall’s given name was Michael Anthony Thomas Charles Hall, but he adopted the Anthony Michael moniker upon finding that another Michael Hall was already a member of the Screen Actors’ Guild.
Interesting Facts about Anthony Michael Hall
- Has appeared with actor and friend Robert Downey Jr. in Weird Science (1985), Johnny Be Good (1988) and Hail Caesar (1994) (which he directed himself).
- Youngest member of Saturday Night Live (1975) ever, in 1985 when he was 17. Was only on SNL for one season because he had to go to rehab.
- Owner of AMH Entertainment, a film production company.
- In Freddy Got Fingered (2001), Anthony had trouble driving the sports car his character had. Director Tom Green commented in the DVD of the film that it took several dozen takes to get the two-second shot.
- Stanley Kubrick claimed that the collaboration between Hall and director John Hughes was “the most promising since James Stewart and Frank Capra”.
- In the roller coaster scenes in National Lampoon’s Vacation (1983), he was not acting when looked scared. He was really terrified of the roller coaster.
- He was in negotiations to star as Private Joker in the Stanley Kubrick film Full Metal Jacket (1987), but after eight months of negotiations a deal between Kubrick and Hall fell through.
- Currently resides in Playa del Rey, California.
- Auditioned for the role of Ponyboy Curtis in The Outsiders (1983), which went to C. Thomas Howell.
- His favorite character he ever played was Bill Gates in Pirates of Silicon Valley (1999). He thought this was fun playing the richest man in the world.
- Is a singer, plays bass, guitar, drums and composes songs for his band, Hall of Mirrors.
- Ranked #41 in VH1’s list of the “100 Greatest Kid Stars”
Personal Quotes by Anthony Michael Hall
They all matter to me, whether I’m working on a Sam Jackson film for a week or I’m the star of my own TV series – I take it all very seriously, and I have a healthy respect for the work in general, despite the role.- Anthony Michael Hall
I think in both of those situations, it’s important as an actor to learn, despite the success I had as a kid, that it’s important to understand what it means to be a small fish in a big pond.- Anthony Michael Hall
I think the obvious answer is I was raised in New York City, so growing up, not only myself but my family, like my father, we would watch a lot of Scorsese films.- Anthony Michael Hall
I think it’s even harder because I think as always, Hollywood is sort of glamour central for the world, and the entire world looks to it for not only entertainment, but the whole idea of the youth factor and youth being sold to our culture via young actors and actresses.- Anthony Michael Hall
Well, I’ve learned something from Michael Robison just about maximizing your shots. For example, if I’m shooting a scene and someone’s driving at the wheel, you could steal an insert in the same shot.- Anthony Michael Hall