Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Bijou Phillips. Check it out!
The multi-talented Bijou Phillips has led an unusual life. She spent her childhood in New York, California and South Africa. She excelled in Equestrienne sport. When she was 13, she became a model to escape boarding school and became one of the youngest people to grace the cover of “Interview” Magazine and “Italian Vogue”. Bijou also appeared in several ads for Calvin Klein. At 17, she acquired a record deal and began work on her album “I’d Rather Eat Glass” produced by Talking Heads’ Jerry Harrison. She was later cast in Black and White (1999) by director James Toback and garnered nothing but glowing praise from critics for her performance. Larry Clark cast her in Bully (2001) which led “The Hollywood Reporter” to name her one of 2002’s “Shooting Stars of Tomorrow”. Bijou continues to make great films with last year’s role opposite ‘Jeff Bridges’ and Kim Basinger in The Door in the Floor (2004), a film adaptation of John Irving’s novel, “A Widow For One Year”. She most recently completed a leading role opposite Anne Hathaway in Oscar-winning writer, Stephen Gaghan’s Havoc (2005), directed by Oscar-winning documentary filmmaker, Barbara Kopple. This is only the beginning for her, with several projects on the horizon, including her portrayal of “Lorna Doom” opposite Shane West in a feature film, about late 70s seminal-punk band The Germs, called What We Do Is Secret (2007), Venom (2005) (aka “Backwater”), produced by Scream (1996)’s Kevin Williamson, she is in the new film Choke (2008), with Anjelica Huston and Sam Rockwell. As well as starring in a comedy called Made for Each Other (2009) with Christopher Masterson, she just played “Nancy Spungen”, as in “Sid and Nancy”, in a bio-pic about the Chealsea Hotel, Chelsea on the Rocks (2008), directed by Abel Ferrara.
Interesting Facts about Bijou Phillips
- Professional model and singer.
- Is a big fan of Rickie Lee Jones, Led Zeppelin, Janis Joplin, Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday and Motown.
- Younger half-sister of Chynna Phillips, Mackenzie Phillips and Jeffrey Phillips. Younger sister of Tamerlane Phillips.
- Some songs on Sean Lennon’s CD “Friendly Fire” are about their break-up.
- Named after the song ‘My Petite Bijou’ by Lambert, Hendricks and Ross. ‘Bijou’ means ‘jewel’ in French.
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age 33, a daughter Fianna Francis Masterson on February 14, 2014. Child’s father is her husband, Danny Masterson.
- Close friends with Nicky Rothschild and Paris Hilton.
- (October 18, 2011) Married her boyfriend of 7 years Danny Masterson following a 2-year-long engagement.
- The title of her album ‘I’d Rather Eat Glass’ is a reference to what she’s rather do than go back to modeling.
- Her father, born in Parris Island, South Carolina, had English and Irish ancestry.
- Champion equestrienne as a child.
- No relation to actress Busy Philipps.
Personal Quotes by Bijou Phillips
Everybody grows up.- Bijou Phillips
My dad was a great dad.- Bijou Phillips
Music is real; it’s something you can touch and feel.- Bijou Phillips
Music makes your soul feel amazing while you’re performing it.- Bijou Phillips
You never really want anything you can easily have.- Bijou Phillips