Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Bruce Willis. Check it out!
Actor and musician Bruce Willis is well known for playing wisecracking or hard-edged characters, often in spectacular action films. Collectively, he has appeared in films that have grossed in excess of $2.5 billion USD, placing him in the top ten stars in terms of box office receipts.
Interesting Facts about Bruce Willis
- Awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6915 Hollywood Blvd. on October 16, 2006.
- In May 1987 he was arrested after reportedly disturbing the peace and assaulting a police officer who was called to quiet a raucous party at his home. The charges were dropped after Willis agreed to apologize to his neighbors.
- Worked in a chemical factory before going to college.
- Co-founder of “Planet Hollywood” together with Demi Moore, Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger. 
- Born on a US military base in Germany. His mother, Marlene, was German, and was born in Kassel. His father, David Willis, was American-born, and had English and smaller amounts of Dutch, French, Irish and Welsh ancestry.
- He and Linda Fiorentino were employed as bartenders in the early 1980s at the Kamikaze Club in New York City.
- In 1996 he appeared on Late Show with David Letterman (1993) to advertise for Demi Moore’s Striptease (1996) by doing his own undressing act.
- Has been in three movies where he meets a younger version of himself: Twelve Monkeys (1995), The Kid (2000) and Looper (2012).
- Was chosen to play John McClane in Die Hard (1988) because the producers felt he brought warmth and humor to an otherwise cold and humorless character. Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone had turned down the role.
- Has played many roles whose character names have the letter “J” in the beginning. Examples include Die Hard (1988) (John McClane), Mercury Rising (1998) (Art Jeffries), Hostage (2005) (Jeff Talley), Mortal Thoughts (1991) (James Urbanski), Twelve Monkeys (1995) (James Cole), The Whole Nine Yards (2000) (Jimmy “The Tulip” Tudeski), Sin City (2005) (John Hartigan) and the title role in The Jackal (1997).
- Was a guest at Demi Moore’s wedding to Ashton Kutcher.
- Was the first actor to ever “act” in a video game (Apocalypse (1998)). No one before had ever done voice-work along with having their likeness and movements digitally added to the game, as well as receiving prominent billing on the game’s cover.
Personal Quotes by Bruce Willis
I mean, look, I wear makeup in films. I don’t wear makeup in real life. It’s just part of the gig, that’s all.- Bruce Willis
I have zero interest in performing in films to try to convey any kind of message. My job is to be entertaining. There’s a very different point of view about messages in films in Europe than there is in the States. Audiences rebel because they feel that they are being preached to.- Bruce Willis
Every day, I work at not taking this fame thing seriously. Fortunately, I have a great group of friends who help me do this.- Bruce Willis
Too many children in foster care are falling through cracks. Be a hero, take the time learn about adoption today.- Bruce Willis
Everybody, no matter how old you are, is around 24, 25 in their heart.- Bruce Willis