Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Chevy Chase. Check it out!
Chevy Chase was born Cornelius Crane Chase in Lower Manhattan, New York, to Cathalene Parker (Browning), a concert pianist and librettist, and Edward Tinsley “Ned” Chase, an editor and writer. His parents both came from prominent families, and his grandfathers were artist and illustrator Edward Leigh Chase and admiral Miles Browning. His recent ancestry includes English, Scottish, Irish, and Danish.
Interesting Facts about Chevy Chase
- He was considered for the role of Alan Parish in Jumanji (1995) that went to Robin Williams.
- Plays piano, drums and saxophone.
- He was considered for the role of Phillip Brainnerd in Honey, I Shrunk the Kids (1989) that went to Rick Moranis.
- Has a son with his ex-wife, Jacqueline Carlin, named Bryan Perkins (born October 24, 1979) and 3 daughters with his current wife, Jayni Chase, named Cydney Cathalene Chase (born January 4, 1983), Caley Chase (born January 19, 1985) and Emily Evelyn Chase (born September 29, 1988).
- Attended Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York.
- He was considered for the role of Stan Podolak in Space Jam (1996) that went to Wayne Knight.
- Roasted into the New York Friar’s Club on September 28, 2002.
- After joking about Cary Grant being gay in a 1980 television interview, the Hollywood legend sued him for slander, but they later settled out of court.
- He turned down the role of Gordon Bombay in The Mighty Ducks (1992) that went to Emilio Estevez.
- Graduated from Bard College with a bachelor of arts degree in English (1967).
- He entered Minnesota’s Hazelden Clinic in September 2016 for treatment of an alcohol-related issue.
- Was great friends with Robin Williams.
Personal Quotes by Chevy Chase
A laugh is a surprise. And all humor is physical. I was always athletic, so that came naturally to me.- Chevy Chase
With Clinton, there’s no question that I would have made fun of his out-and-out lying. But he’s also a good friend.- Chevy Chase
I’ve always loved the ‘Weekend Update’ people.- Chevy Chase
Live a life of grace. You’ll be a better person for it, and so will your children.- Chevy Chase
Laughter kills lonesome. It’s one of the great things in our lives.- Chevy Chase