Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Chris Martin. Check it out!
One of the UK’s most distinctive and popular singers and songwriters, Chris Martin was educated at the prestigious Sherborne School in Dorset. As a child he was musically inspired by artists such as A-Ha, Echo & The Bunnymen, The Smiths, U2 and Peter Gabriel, who achieved commercial success in the 1980s by melding intelligent songwriting with musical sophistication. Martin then went to University College, London, to study Ancient World Studies, where he also met his future Coldplay bandmates.
Interesting Facts about Chris Martin
- Learned how to sing the lyrics to his song “The Scientist” in reverse for the music video, so that the final product would show his body in reverse while he sang the lyrics normally.
- Met wife, Gwyneth Paltrow, in October 2002 at his band’s concert.
- Performed a version of The Smiths’ “Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before” at London’s Astoria. [October 2002]
- Son, Moses Martin, with his wife, Gwyneth Paltrow, born on April 8, 2006 in New York City.
- Educated at Sherborne School, Dorset (other alumni include Jeremy Irons, John le Carré, James Purefoy, Hugh Bonneville and Richard Eyre) and University College, London, where Coldplay was formed.
- Besides Simon Pegg, Martin’s Coldplay band-mate, Jon Buckland, is also a godfather of his daughter, Apple Martin.
- Wrote a song for the late Johnny Cash, the song is called “Til Kingdom Come”.
- He has been in a relationship with actress Dakota Johnson since October 2017.
- Brother-in-law of Jake Paltrow.
- Son-in-law of Blythe Danner and Bruce Paltrow.
- Won Best International Group at the 2006 Juno Awards in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Won a Grammy Award for Best Rock Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocal for “In My Place” .
Personal Quotes by Chris Martin
You have two years to make a record and do what you like to it; then, you have 10 minutes to do an interview that could mess it all up. It’s the Crispian Mills Syndrome.- Chris Martin
You’ve got to express yourself in life, and it’s better out than in. What you reveal, you heal.- Chris Martin
Record sales don’t really mean anything. For us, the pressure is imagining some 15-year-old kid in Cincinnati who buys our album and doesn’t feel like he wasted his pocket money.- Chris Martin
There’s stuff going on in the world right now, which you can’t imagine why is this happening; it’s crazy. I don’t know what the answer is, but if you didn’t have faith in the universe that somehow something great would arrive at the end, then we’d all give up, and that would be a waste of everyone’s time.- Chris Martin
You gotta wear the right trousers if you’re gonna be a rock star.- Chris Martin