Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Christopher Lloyd. Check it out!
Christopher Lloyd was born on October 22, 1938 in Stamford, Connecticut, USA as Christopher Allen Lloyd. He is an actor, known for Back to the Future (1985), Addams Family Values (1993) and Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988). He has been married to Lisa Loiacono since November 23, 2016. He was previously married to Jane Walker Wood, Carol Ann Vanek, Kay Tornborg and Catherine Boyd.
Interesting Facts about Christopher Lloyd
- In Man on the Moon (1999), he appears as himself reprising his old role of Rev. Jim Ignatowski in scenes from Taxi (1978), 20 years after the sitcom had aired.
- In a June 2009 interview, he said that the role of Klingon commander Kruge in Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984) was one of his favorite roles.
- He was the visual inspiration for Gru, the main character of Despicable Me (2010) and sequels, after he played Fester Addams in The Addams Family (1991). He was 72 years old at that point. He also was the visual inspiration for Dru, Gru’s long-stranded brother, in Despicable Me 3 (2017), after playing Fester Addams again in Addams Family Values (1993).
- Has worked with Frank Welker in five films: Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1984), Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988), DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp (1990), The Pagemaster (1994) and In Search of Dr. Seuss (1994).
- He was considered for the role of Harry Lyme in Chris Columbus’ Home Alone (1990), which went to Joe Pesci.
- Owns a home in Montana; his home in Montecito, California was destroyed by the Tea Fire of November 2008.
- Born on the exact same date as Sir Derek Jacobi.
- A devoted bicyclist, he once rode through Italy, pedaling from Milan to Venice, over the Dolomites, along the Amalfi coast and to Naples.
- To prepare for the role of Taber in One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest (1975), he lived in a mental institution for several weeks and studied the patients. He modeled his character after one of the patients and stayed in character throughout the filming, even when not on screen.
- His maternal grandfather, Lewis Henry Lapham (1858-1934), was an entrepreneur who made a fortune consolidating smaller business in the leather industry. He was also one of the founders of Texaco Oil Company.
- Younger brother of Sam Lloyd Sr., uncle of Sam Lloyd.
- Is the youngest of seven children of Samuel R. Lloyd and Ruth Lapham.
Personal Quotes by Christopher Lloyd
There’s something overwhelming about being in raw nature. It’s got an aura about it is that is really kind of majestic and spiritual.- Christopher Lloyd
I get asked a lot what the key is to creating a hit show, and I have a standard answer: Do everything right, and then get lucky 10 ways.- Christopher Lloyd
I feel that I have been very fortunate and had the opportunity to play some wonderful roles and movies and worked with some great talent.- Christopher Lloyd
A sign that negotiations were handled well on both sides is that everybody probably feels a little bit like they didn’t get what they wanted.- Christopher Lloyd
Uncle Fester always intrigued me. I certainly always enjoyed his kind of humor. He’s just full of mischief in a kind of macabre way. I don’t see anything twisted about it. It’s sort of ridiculous and wacky. It’s sort of fun.- Christopher Lloyd