Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Daveigh Chase. Check it out!
Daveigh Chase was born on July 24, 1990 in Las Vegas, Nevada. She was raised in the small town of Albany, Oregon; where she continues to spend much of her time. She began singing and dancing in her hometown and other local areas at community events and shows starting at age 3. After visiting Los Angeles, she did her first commercial for Campbell’s Soup at age 7. At this time, she was also offered a starring role in the Musical Theatre production “Utah!”. At age 8, she auditioned for the the voice of “Lilo”, and tested at CBS network for her first television series. She continued to test and be cast as a series regular, working on many different television pilots, before finally FOX picked up the show Oliver Beene (2003) in which Daveigh starred as Oliver’s quirky best friend “Joyce”. In the meantime, she appeared in several movies, including Donnie Darko (2001), in which she played Donnie’s youngest sister and was a member of the “Sparkle Motion” dance group; and “R.L. Stines The Haunted Lighthouse” which continues to show at various Busch Garden Theme Parks. In 2003, she won the “Best Villian” award at the MTV Movie Awards for her work as “Samara” in DreamWorks hit, The Ring (2002). She is the voice of “Lilo” from the hit animated and Oscar nominated Disney feature film, Lilo & Stitch (2002), and she continues to voice “Lilo” for the Disney Channel series, as well as various DVD’s and video games. Daveigh is also cast as the English voice of the lead heroine “Chihiro” in Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Gibli’s Spirited Away (2001) (aka Spirited Away) which won the 2002 Oscar for Best Animated Film.
Interesting Facts about Daveigh Chase
- Is friends with actress Dakota Fanning
- Began a brief career as a singer, but decided she wanted to focus on her acting and subsequently dropped plans to make an album.
- Mother is Cathy Chase, father is John Schwallier (divorced)
- Has lost out on two roles to Kristen Stewart : Sarah in Panic Room (2002) and Tracy in Into the Wild (2007).
- At the 2003 Academy Awards, both of the animated feature films that Daveigh was given the opportunity to voice the lead heroines, Disney’s Lilo & Stitch (2002) and Hayao Miyazaki’s Spirited Away (2001) (aka Spirited Away), were nominated for the Best Animated Feature Film Oscar!! “Spirited Away (2001)” won.
- At the age of 12, she beat out Mike Myers, Colin Farrell, Willem Dafoe and Daniel Day-Lewis to take home the award for Best Villain for her performance as “Samara” in The Ring (2002) at the 2003 MTV Movie Awards.
- Has a baby brother called Cade, born on October 13th 2006.
Personal Quotes by Daveigh Chase
I just want to make something that I love and people will respect.- Daveigh Chase
I pay for what I call eccentricity and my will to evolve.- Daveigh Chase
I’d love to star in dark drama that audiences could really relate to.- Daveigh Chase
I want to do things that will change someone’s life, not something they’ll forget about tomorrow.- Daveigh Chase
I loved working on ‘Donnie Darko.’ I learned a lot from the cast, Jake Gyllenhaal and the producers. I love doing what I do because I get to meet so many great people.- Daveigh Chase