Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Dennis Quaid. Check it out!
Dennis William Quaid was born on April 9, 1954 in Houston, Texas to Juanita Bonniedale “Nita” Quaid (née Jordan), a real estate agent & William Rudy Quaid, an electrician. He grew up in the Houston suburban city of Bellaire. He was raised a Baptist, and studied drama, Mandarin Chinese, and dance while a student at Bellaire High School. He continued study at the University of Houston, but dropped out before completing his degree. He moved to Los Angeles to pursue a film career where his brother, Randy Quaid, had already began to build a successful career. However, Dennis initially had trouble finding film roles, but began to gain notice when he appeared in Breaking Away (1979) and earned strong reviews for his role in The Right Stuff (1983). Aside from acting, Quaid is also a musician, and plays with his band, “The Sharks”. He holds a flying license and is a five handicap golfer.
Interesting Facts about Dennis Quaid
- Dennis and his wife, Kimberly Buffington Quaid, became the parents of twins, a boy and a girl, on November 8, 2007 in Santa Monica, California. Thomas Boone weighed in at 6 lbs. 12 oz. and Zoe Grace weighed in at 5 lbs. 9 oz.
- Lived with and was engaged to Lea Thompson for three years. The couple met on the set of Jaws 3-D (1983).
- Has a half-brother, Buddy Quaid, and a half-sister, Brandy Quaid.
- Was considered for the role of B.J. McKay in B.J. and the Bear (1978), which went to Greg Evigan.
- Became engaged to Kimberly Buffington Quaid in 2004.
- His parents are William (Buddy Quaid) and Nita Quaid.
- Cousin of Bo Brinkman. First cousin once removed of Corbett Tuck and Dakota Brinkman.
- Battled anorexia in the mid-1990s, which started when he shed 40 pounds to play Doc Holliday in Wyatt Earp (1994). Quaid comments that “I’d look in the mirror and still see a 180-lb. guy, even though I was 138 pounds.” He eventually sought treatment and recovered.
- As of 2014, has appeared in three films that were nominated for the Best Picture Oscar: Breaking Away (1979), The Right Stuff (1983) and Traffic (2000).
- Was scheduled to appear in the David Lean-directed “Nostromo” in 1991, before Lean died, and the production came to a halt.
- He attended Pershing Jr. High School in Houston, Texas.
- On October 18, 2019, Quaid announces his engagement, after a four-month relationship, with Laura Savoie.
Personal Quotes by Dennis Quaid
You don’t have to be alone with your thoughts anymore. You don’t have to process anything. You can call up someone to do something to instantly make you sort of feel better.- Dennis Quaid
When you break up, your whole identity is shattered. It’s like death.- Dennis Quaid
I have a resistance to change in things that I feel comfortable with and that I’m used to.- Dennis Quaid
Legion’ was a lot of fun to shoot. It was a real unique apocalypse scenario that takes place in a diner out in the desert. Very much like a drive-in B-movie, but in a good way.- Dennis Quaid
In aviation they have auto pilot and color radar and a lot of other instrumentation that is a backup for pilots. It’s really brought the incidents of plane crashes way down. Same thing ought to happen in the medical industry, I think.- Dennis Quaid