Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Dove Cameron. Check it out!
Dove Olivia Cameron was born Chloe Celeste Hosterman on January 15, 1996 in Seattle, Washington. She’s an American actress and singer, known for playing a dual role as the eponymous characters in the Disney Channel teen sitcom Liv and Maddie (2013-2017) and playing Mal, daughter of Maleficent in Descendants (2015) and the sequel Descendants 2 (2017). Subsequently, she had a recurring role as Ruby in the ABC television series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (2018). She is set to voice Spider-Woman in Marvel’s upcoming animated superhero feature film Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors (2018).
Interesting Facts about Dove Cameron
- Engaged to Ryan McCartan to April 14, 2016 to October 5, 2016.
- In 2012, she was cast as Alanna in Bits and Pieces (2012). After filming the pilot, the series was remade into Liv and Maddie (2013), where she plays both lead roles.
- In 2018, Dove won an Emmy Award for Outstanding Performer in a Children’s, Preschool Children’s or Educational and Informational Program for playing Liv Rooney and Maddie Rooney on Liv and Maddie (2013).
- Although her given name was Chloe, her father called her Dove & Dovey from the time she was very little. After his death, she legally changed her name to Dove in his honor.
- Bonnie J. Wallace & Philip Hosterman’s youngest daughter.
- Her family moved to LA when she was 14.
- Has an older sister named Claire Hosterman.
- She has Slovak, French, Russian and Hungarian ancestry. She also speaks French, and has often visited France, the birthplace of one of her paternal great-grandmothers.
- Her father died in 2011 when she was 15 years old.
- Began to act at the age of 8.
- Dating Thomas Doherty since December 2016.
- Her favorite movies are Pan’s Labyrinth (2006) and The Elephant Man (1980).
Personal Quotes by Dove Cameron
I don’t know that there’s any rhyme or reason to bullying… it’s not even the bully’s fault, which is why it’s such a difficult thing to combat.- Dove Cameron
Liv and Maddie’ actually started out as a different show called ‘Bits and Pieces,’ and it was a completely different plot, although it was the same cast.- Dove Cameron
I love ‘Extreme Makeover Home Edition.’ It feeds my Fantasy Dream Home monster that lives inside of me.- Dove Cameron
Liv and Maddie’ didn’t start out as a twin show. I actually played a different character in the beginning, and it was neither of the twins.- Dove Cameron
I personally believe in progress. I think one of the most debilitating and harming things you can do to a child is to keep them in the dark.- Dove Cameron