Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ed Helms. Check it out!
Ed Helms was born on January 24, 1974 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA as Edward Parker Helms. He is an actor, known for The Hangover (2009), The Office (2005) and Vacation (2015).
Interesting Facts about Ed Helms
- Got food poisoning during the shooting of The Hangover Part II (2011) after eating street food in Bangkok. He actually filmed some scenes for the film while being severely sick.
- Was nicknamed “Chuck E. Cheese” when he was in school.
- Plays bluegrass guitar and banjo in various bands.
- Son of Pamela Ann (Parker), a school administrator, and John A. Helms, a lawyer, insurance executive, and Navy veteran.
- Helms is an accomplished harmonica player as he demonstrated to Bear Grylls on the Adventure-Survival series, Running Wild (Season 2).
- Went to Westminster High School in Atlanta, Georgia, with Brian Baumgartner, fellow cast member on The Office (2005).
- He has English, as well as smaller amounts of Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, German, Dutch, and French, ancestry.
- Has done much voiceover work for companies such as Lycos, CDnow.com, Burger King, etc..
- Studied at the Upright Citizens Brigade.
- Lived in New York City for 10 years.
- Graduated from Oberlin College.
- Plays the banjo and piano, and has played both in some of his TV and movie appearances. Wrote and sang “Stu’s Song” in The Hangover (2009).
Personal Quotes by Ed Helms
I happen to think singing is hilarious, especially when it pops out at the wrong time.- Ed Helms
April is tax month. If you are having trouble filing your taxes, then you should hire an accountant. They’ll give you the same advice that they’ve given hundreds of corporations – taxes are for douche bags.- Ed Helms
This may come as a surprise, given the nature of my job, but I am very guarded and contemplative. I’m not a naturally boisterous person.- Ed Helms
I’m kind of embarrassed by how quickly I adjusted to L.A. I really love it. It’s so pleasant.- Ed Helms