Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Elijah Wood. Check it out!
Elijah Wood is an American actor best known for portraying Frodo Baggins in Peter Jackson’s blockbuster Lord of the Rings film trilogy. In addition to reprising the role in The Hobbit series, Wood also played Ryan in the FX television comedy Wilfred (2011) and voiced Beck in the Disney XD animated television series TRON: Uprising (2012).
Interesting Facts about Elijah Wood
- As of December 2003, Elijah lived in a New York apartment with his sister Hannah Wood. However, within a few months he moved back into his mother’s guest house in Santa Monica, California, where he lived previously, stating he couldn’t justify the rent on the apartment since he spent so little time there. He has since moved into his own home in Venice Beach, California.
- His family owned a deli which they sold so they could move to California.
- His favorite actors are Emma Thompson and Tim Roth.
- Suffered acute appendicitis and was briefly hospitalized [August 2003]
- He is of English, German, Austrian, and Danish descent.
- Real-life fan of “West Ham United”, the team he played a fan of in Green Street Hooligans (2005) (aka Green Street Hooligans). Other fans include Danny Dyer, Ray Winstone and Matt Damon.
- His favorite movie is Harvey (1950).
- Owns one of two prop rings used in “Lord of the Rings.” The other went to Andy Serkis, who played Gollum.
- He became a child model when his mother wanted him to burn off excessive energy.
- On the 4 September 2013 episode of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (2005), Wood said that he was five years old when he watched his first horror movie — Truth or Dare?: A Critical Madness (1986), which was a then-newly released, straight-to-video release. He said that it was what made him fall in love with horror films, that it remains one his all-time favorite horror movies, and that he has introduced it to several of his friends over the years.
- Received an injury under his eyebrow during the filming of Green Street Hooligans (2005) (aka “The Yank), leaving a visible scar.
- Parents’ names are Warren and Debbie Wood.
Personal Quotes by Elijah Wood
If you cut off your arm instead of going ‘spurt, spurt, spurt’ wouldn’t it, like, go nuts? Or would it go with the beat of your heart?- Elijah Wood
So much time is wasted on trying to be better than others.- Elijah Wood
There’s a real purity in New Zealand that doesn’t exist in the states. It’s actually not an easy thing to find in our world anymore. It’s a unique place because it is so far away from the rest of the world. There is a sense of isolation and also being protected.- Elijah Wood
There are a lot of vipers in this industry, people who only have their own interests in mind.- Elijah Wood
In the absence of love, there is nothing worth fighting for.- Elijah Wood