Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Elisabeth Shue. Check it out!
Elisabeth Shue was born in Wilmington, Delaware, to Anne Brewster (Wells), who worked for the Chemical Banking Corporation, and James William Shue, a lawyer and real estate developer. She is of German and English ancestry, including descent from Mayflower passengers. Shue’s parents divorced while she was in the fourth grade. Owing to the occupational demands of her parents, Shue and her siblings found plenty of time to get into trouble in their suburban neighborhood, but Elisabeth soon enrolled in Wellesley College, an all-female institution which kept her out of trouble.
Interesting Facts about Elisabeth Shue
- Sister-in-law of Amy Robach.
- Elisabeth and Davis became the parents of their third child, a daughter named Agnes Charles Guggenheim, on June 18, 2006.
- Daughter, Stella Street, was born weighing 6 lbs. 7 oz. [March 2001]
- She and her brother, Andrew Shue, were inducted into Columbia High School’s Hall of Fame in 1994.
- As of 2018, has never appeared in a film nominated for the Best Picture Oscar.
- Older sister of Andrew Shue.
- She was amongst the final candidates for the female lead in Say Anything… (1989). According to director Cameron Crowe, “Elisabeth Shue did an amazing version of the graduation speech”. Jennifer Connelly was runner-up to Ione Skye, who got the role in the end.
- Elisabeth replaced Claudia Wells as Jennifer Parker, Michael J. Fox’ girlfriend, in the two sequels to Back to the Future (1985). Claudia’s mother was dying from cancer, requiring the re-casting.
- Daughter-in-law of Charles Guggenheim and Marion Guggenheim.
- Named her son after her late older brother, William Shue, who died on August 24, 1988 at the age of 26 from a freak swing accident while on family vacation. A rope broke on a tire swing and he was thrown into a tree branch, impaling him. He was enrolled at Rutgers University’s Robert Wood Johnson School of Medicine at the time of his death. Her brother Andrew Shue witnessed the accident.
- Auditioned for the Sherilyn Fenn role in Of Mice and Men (1992).
- Son, Miles William, with Davis Guggenheim was born. [November 1997]
Personal Quotes by Elisabeth Shue
I don’t think ‘Cocktail’ was a perfect critical success, but it touched a vein in our culture.- Elisabeth Shue
Sometimes when I read about my rebellion in print it sounds a little overrated.- Elisabeth Shue
I don’t have high expectations anymore. Maybe they’ve just been beaten out of me.- Elisabeth Shue
Every film is a crapshoot. It’s a mystery when a movie comes together. I’ve never been able to figure it out. I don’t know how I make my choices. The only thing you can do is know there’s something about a character that you really want to experience.- Elisabeth Shue
I may look like the girl next door, but you wouldn’t want to live next door to me.- Elisabeth Shue