Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Elle Fanning. Check it out!
Mary Elle Fanning was born on the 9th of April 1998 in Conyers, Georgia, USA, to Heather Joy (Arrington) and Steven J. Fanning. Her mother played professional tennis, and her father, now an electronics salesman, played minor league baseball. She is of German, Irish, English, French, and Channel Islander descent.
Interesting Facts about Elle Fanning
- Although she started elementary school in 2007, she has never taken part in a school play. But she hopes she can try it out when she is in middle school.
- She is the only actress to play a leading role in films by Francis Ford Coppola and his daughter Sofia Coppola.
- Casting notes for the role of young Ruth Cole in The Door in the Floor (2004) originally called for identical twins, because producers believed the workload of the character to be too much for one little girl to take.
- Is near-sighted and uses contact lenses most of the time. But she loves collecting “nerdy” looking glasses.
- She was spoofed by Avril Lavigne in a 2007 episode of Saturday Night Live (1975).
- To celebrate her seventh birthday, she went with her family to see Cirque du Soleil perform “Quidam” during its run in Melbourne, Australia.
- Was ranked #19 alongside her sister, Dakota Fanning, on Entertainment Weekly’s “30 Under 30” the actress list (2008).
- She and her family are members of the Southern Baptist Convention.
- She loves vintage clothes, especially clothes from the 1950’s.
- To bond before filming Somewhere (2010), Elle’s onscreen father, Stephen Dorff, cheered her on at a volleyball game at her school and took her to Color Me Mine.
- She was submitted for consideration for a Primetime Emmy nomination for her guest-starring role in the episode House M.D.: Need to Know (2006). She was also submitted for consideration for a BAFTA nomination for her supporting role in Super 8 (2011).
- At ages 11-12 she had an intense growth spurt, where she grew seven inches in a year and a half.
Personal Quotes by Elle Fanning
I’d much rather dress like a 5 year old than a 21 year old. I’d much rather wear a puffy sleeved shirt than some low-cut top.- Elle Fanning
I’ve been on ‘Criminal Minds’ twice! On the first show, a boy brought kids out to the woods and was beating them with a baseball bat, but I got away. Then they brought Tracy, my character, back – as a kidnapped girl. They saved me two times! Tracy lived!- Elle Fanning
But it’s cool working with female directors because I’m a girl, so you do relate to them more. You can talk to them about other stuff like clothes and all that.- Elle Fanning
I always look at Style.com and look at all the designers and I know all the model’s names.- Elle Fanning
I love fashion! I love clothes! I really like vintage clothes, so in my closet there’s a lot of ’50s stuff. I go to the stores and shop around.- Elle Fanning