Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ezra Miller. Check it out!
Ezra Matthew Miller was born in Wyckoff, New Jersey, to Marta (Koch), a modern dancer, and Robert S. Miller, who has worked at Workman Publishing and as former senior VP for Hyperion Books. They have two older sisters. Ezra is of Ashkenazi Jewish (father) and German-Dutch (mother) ancestry; they have described themselves as Jewish and “spiritual”.
Interesting Facts about Ezra Miller
- Identifies as non-binary and queer. Uses they/their pronouns to refer to themselves.
- Their mother, Marta (Koch), is a modern dancer. Their father, Robert S. Miller, worked for Hyperion Books, and is a publisher at Workman Publishing. Ezra’s mother is of three quarters German and one quarter Dutch ancestry, while Ezra’s father is from an Ashkenazi Jewish family (from Germany, Russia, and Austria). Ezra’s father’s step-brother is a rabbi, and Ezra’s father’s step-nephew is writer Gideon Lewis-Kraus.
- TLA Releasing Awards – Gaybie – Best Supporting Actor in a Gay Movie – 2013 – Nominee – Ezra Miller – The Perks Of Being A Wallflower (2012).
- Was considered one of the 55 faces of the future by Nylon Magazine’s Young Hollywood Issue.
- TLA Releasing Awards – Gaybie – Best Supporting Actor in a Gay Movie – 2013 – Winner – Ezra Miller – The Perks Of Being A Wallflower (2012).
- The youngest actor to play Barry Allen/The Flash.
- Trained as an opera singer at a young age due to begin born with a debilitating stutter. Enrolling in opera was inspired by their kindergarten teacher, within a year of opera training their speech impediment was gone. They said they had a ‘breathe-line stutter and wasn’t breathing in enough to complete a word’ and that opera vocal training is all about control and manipulation of the breath.
- Turned down the role of Lucien Carr in Kill Your Darlings (2013).
- They supported Bernie Sanders in the 2016 U.S. Presidential election.
- They dropped out of school (The Hudson School) at the age of 16, after beginning their film acting career with Afterschool (2008).
- They were a huge fan of the Harry Potter franchise long before appearing in the prequel Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them films.
Personal Quotes by Ezra Miller
I was a weird animal in high school, doing no work and getting straight A’s.- Ezra Miller
The escape to an unchallenging fairy tale can be very nice and I’m all for that, but film can also challenge you to confront the realities of our world.- Ezra Miller
I don’t know if it’s responsible for kids of my age to be so aggressively pursuing monogamous binds, because I don’t think we’re ready for them. The romanticism within our culture dictates that that’s what you’re supposed to be looking for.- Ezra Miller
Everybody feels like an outcast because the world is so large and every fingerprint is so vastly different from one another, and yet we have these standards and beliefs, and dogmatic systems of judgment and ranking, in almost all the societies of the world.- Ezra Miller
Every teenager deals in his or her own sexuality and has to face it and figure out how it can coincide with the rest of their lives in a healthy manner. And try to navigate it in our modern society, which is wrought with stigma and taboo and repression, and sort of as a result, these inner monsters that some teenagers really struggle with.- Ezra Miller