Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Felicity Huffman. Check it out!
Felicity toiled away for 20 years in ill fated television shows, Broadway plays, and independent films in the shadow of her successful husband, actor William H. Macy. Then she got the part of Lynette Scavo in the television series Desperate Housewives (2004) and Bree in the film Transamerica (2005) resulting in a Golden Globe nomination for both.
Interesting Facts about Felicity Huffman
- Shares a birthday with Desperate Housewives (2004) co-star Jesse Metcalfe.
- Was among the guests at Marcia Cross’ wedding to Tom Mahoney
- (September 6, 1997) Married her boyfriend of 15 years William H. Macy. They met when he taught drama at NewYork’s Atlantic Theatre Company.
- One of her idols is Tina Turner.
- Returned to work 3 months after giving birth to her daughter Sofia in order to begin filming her guest appearance on The West Wing (1999).
- Born to Moore Peters Huffman and his then wife Grace Valle (née Ewing), she and her siblings were raised by both of their parents.
- Childhood celebrity crush was Henry Winkler (as “The Fonz”).
- Friends with Sarah Paulson. They starred together on “Path to War” (2002), The D.A. (2004) and Desperate Housewives (2004) where they played sisters. Both also were on Law & Order (1990) but played in different episodes. They shared nomination for Golden Globe 2017 and Paulson won it.
- Grew up in Aspen, Colorado.
- She has German, English, Scots-Irish/Northern Irish, Irish, Scottish, French, Dutch and Irish ancestry. Among her prominent ancestors are her great-grandfathers, Gershom Moore Peters, founder of the Peters Cartridge Company and prominent Baptist minister, and Frederick Berthold Ewing, a prominent St. Louis businessman, and her great-great-grandfather, Joseph Warren King, who founded the King Mills Powder Company.
- Has six older sisters named Mariah, Betsy, Jane, Grace, Jessie and Isabel and an older brother named Moore Jr.
- On March 1, 2012, she launched What The Flicka, a website dedicated to women and mothers where she is a regular contributor.
Personal Quotes by Felicity Huffman
Right after ‘Desperate’ sold to China, we were the most watched show around the world at the time. That’s really something great to be a part of.- Felicity Huffman
The pressure on women to be thin is like a plague. I have gone through my life, like a lot of women, rating my experiences on the basis of, ‘Was I thin at that time or fat?’ And it doesn’t seem to let up.- Felicity Huffman
Motherhood has been an exercise in guilt.- Felicity Huffman
I look OK. I look better in person than I do on film, which is bad because it’s how I make my living, but I am not a beauty and on balance I am glad.- Felicity Huffman
I can’t wait to get my face lifted but my husband says, ‘No, don’t do it.’ I think if it makes you feel better, go for it, but it would be nice if it looked good. There are a lot of people out there who are disasters and you think, ‘Why did you do that?’- Felicity Huffman