Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Gina Rodriguez. Check it out!
Named the “next big thing” and one of the “top 35 Latinos under 35,” by The Hollywood Reporter, Gina Rodriguez’s profile has been rising steadily since her breakout performance as the titular character in FILLY BROWN during the Sundance Film Festival in 2012.
Interesting Facts about Gina Rodriguez
- Friends with DeWanda Wise.
- Serves as a board member for the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.
- Plays the character Carmen Sandiego twice: once as voice-over performer in Carmen Sandiego (2019) and again in the live action film Carmen Sandiego.
- (May 4, 2019) Married her boyfriend of 3 years Joe LoCicero. They met in 2016 when he played a stripper on Jane the Virgin (2014) and they started dating soon after. They got engaged in summer 2018 and confirmed the news in August, about a month after rumors of an engagement first started swirling.
- She has said that her dream role is to play a superhero.
Personal Quotes by Gina Rodriguez
I like to peel it and share it with friends. You can spread the love with an orange.- Gina Rodriguez
I’ve learned a lot about what kind of actor I want or do not want to be while being on set. I sit back and observe how other actors treat the totem pole of set politics.- Gina Rodriguez
I’ve specifically decided to say no to projects that weren’t advancing Latinos, that weren’t showing us in a positive light, roles that were gratuitous and spreading untruths.- Gina Rodriguez
I started salsa dancing with a few different companies and started touring the country. It was fantastic, but I realized that I really wanted to talk every time we were performing. That’s a problem because when you’re dancing, if you stop to talk, that’s not really cool to the other dancers.- Gina Rodriguez
I will play the characters with last names like Sanchez and Gonzalez until the day I die, but I also want to play the ‘Michelle Smiths.’- Gina Rodriguez