Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Ginnifer Goodwin. Check it out!
Ginnifer Goodwin was born Jennifer Michelle Goodwin on May 22, 1978, in Memphis, Tennessee, to Linda (Kantor), who worked at FedEx, and Tim Goodwin, who had a recording studio. Bright and talented, Ginnifer carried her love for theater and acting through her high school years. She graduated from Lausanne Collegiate School in 1996 and spent a year at Hanover before going to Boston University where she received her BFA in Acting. She went on to receive accolades in London, including receiving a Certificate from the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art and trained with the Royal Shakespeare Company. She lived briefly in New York before moving to California, where she lives. She made her television debut on the series Law & Order (1990) but had her first recurring television role on Ed (2000) in 2001. Her first movie role was Maya in the first Comedy Central original movie Porn ‘n Chicken (2002). She then went on to shine as Connie Baker in the major motion picture hit Mona Lisa Smile (2003).
Interesting Facts about Ginnifer Goodwin
- (April 12, 2014) Married her boyfriend of 2 years Josh Dallas following a 6-month-long engagement. They share their wedding day with their Once Upon a Time (2011) co-star and friend Jennifer Morrison’s birthday. Morrison plays their daughter in the show.
- Is 12th cousins with Prince William and Prince Harry of the British royal family.
- Won the Bette Davis Foundation Excellence in Acting / Professional Promise Award for theatre in 2001 (Boston, Massachusetts).
- ‘Younger sister, Melissa Goodwin Shepherd, is a stop-motion animator.
- As a child, she attended the Henry S. Jacobs Camp, a summer camp for Reform Jewish children in Utica, Mississippi.
- Is just 1 year older than Jennifer Morrison and 22 years older than Jared Gilmore, who play her daughter and grandson on Once Upon a Time (2011).
- Friends with Bill Paxton.
- Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 38, a son named Hugo Wilson Dallas on June 1, 2016. Child’s father is her husband, Josh Dallas.
- Was in a relationship with Chris Klein, her boyfriend of two years. [December 2008]
- Her dream to be a Walt Disney princess came true with her role in Once Upon a Time (2011).
- Acting Shakespeare Certificate from Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, London, UK.
- Sister-in-law of Nathan Shepherd.
Personal Quotes by Ginnifer Goodwin
As long as I can wear a wig I can be any character, and in real life I can be myself.- Ginnifer Goodwin
You know, one of my biggest dreams in life is to play a Disney princess.- Ginnifer Goodwin
Oh my gosh, I feel like I’m really obsessive about anything dealing with my health.- Ginnifer Goodwin
Everything goes with short hair. It’s bananas.- Ginnifer Goodwin
Unfortunately, as obsessed as I am with all of those Grimm’s slash Disney princesses, I do think women have evolved socially in so many ways.- Ginnifer Goodwin