Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Hulk Hogan. Check it out!
Hulk Hogan was born on August 11, 1953 in Augusta, Georgia, USA as Terry Gene Bollea. He is an actor and producer, known for No Holds Barred (1989), Rocky III (1982) and Suburban Commando (1991). He has been married to Jennifer McDaniel since December 14, 2010. He was previously married to Linda Hogan.
Interesting Facts about Hulk Hogan
- Held the IWGP World Title, giving him the distinction of being one of three Americans–along with Scott Norton and Leon White (aka Big Van Vader)–to hold that title.
- He appeared in some of the live-action segments of the cartoon series Hulk Hogan’s Hulk Hogan’s Rock ‘n’ Wrestling (1985) (1985-1986).
- Considered running for president.
- He was originally called “Hulk” because it was noted at a match that he was taller than the actor who played the “The Incredible Hulk”, Lou Ferrigno.
- In late 1982, Hogan and Antonio Inoki won the 3rd Annual MSG Tag League.
- Was Joel Schumacher’s third choice to play Mr. Freeze/Dr. Victor Fries in Batman & Robin (1997).
- Particapated in WCW Nitro’s infamous Fingerpoke of Doom match. In which he was going to wrestle WCW Champion Kevin Nash. When the match began he poked Nash in the chest and he fell down and Hogan pinned him. The match is considered to be the start of the downfall of WCW and its ratings.
- In probably the most historic wrestling match ever, he body-slammed and defeated André the Giant at WrestleMania III (1987). Despite reports to the contrary, he was not the first man to body-slam André. Eight-time National Wrestling Alliance Champion Harley Race did so several years before, and Hogan himself body-slammed André in a match in 1980 (which appears on the Hulk Hogan anthology DVD).
- Claimed on The Howard Stern Show (1990) in 2012 that he was offered the role of Randy “The Ram” Robinson in The Wrestler (2008). Hogan claimed he turned down the role because he felt he wasn’t the right person to portray the character. However, the film’s director Darren Aronofsky disputed Hogan’s claims, saying he was never considered, much less offered, the role of the main character, and the part was written specifically for Mickey Rourke.
- His family has more than 30 pets, including dogs, cats, birds, chinchillas, ferrets, turtles, iguanas, rabbits, fish, and a frog.
- In 1981, Verne Gagne brought Hogan to the AWA.
- Defeated Yokozuna in Wrestlemania IX for the WWF championship after Yokozuna defeated Bret Hitman Hart. It was the shortest wrestling match in history for the WWF title. This record was later broken by Kevin Nash in 1995 when he beat Bob Backlund in 8 seconds for the world title.
Personal Quotes by Hulk Hogan
We’re probably the opposite of the Osbournes. We run a very tight ship.- Hulk Hogan
I know what happens every time I get in front of a UK crowd – they just go nuts and they are so nice and excited and crazy and they won’t sit down.- Hulk Hogan
You can have a wrestling idea, but you need to have these momentum-shifting moves. We had the Hulkamania movement, then it shifted to the beer-drinking, Stone Cold era, we reinvented the business with growing the black beard and becoming the bad guy, what’s that next level.- Hulk Hogan
When the script for ‘The Wrestler’ kept coming to me I said, This movie is so good if you put me in the film as a wrestler people are going to say, ‘No credibility, Hulk Hogan isn’t a good actor,’ whatever Hollywood thinks of me.- Hulk Hogan
I’ve been talking to certain wrestlers on the phone lately, and certain female wrestlers that were huge stars ten years ago, and the first thing I ask them is ‘do you still want to work?’ Do they want to talk, or do they want to wrestle or do something else in the business?- Hulk Hogan