Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Iggy Azalea. Check it out!
Amethyst Amelia Kelly (born 7 June 1990), known professionally as Iggy Azalea is an Australian rapper, singer, songwriter, model and television personality. Azalea moved to the United States at the age of 16 to pursue a career in music, and has since resided in Los Angeles. Her stage name, from the masculine Egnatius, comes from the name of her dog and the street she lived on. She earned public recognition after releasing music videos for her songs “Pu$$y” and “Two Times” on YouTube. In 2012 Azalea signed a recording contract with Grand Hustle Records, which is owned by American rapper T.I., after gaining attention from her first full-length project, a mix tape titled Ignorant Art.
Interesting Facts about Iggy Azalea
- She dropped out of high school and moved alone to Miami to be closer to the hip-hop scene, working illegally before getting a five-year O visa.
- She was born Amethyst Amelia Kelly in Sydney, Australia. Her father Brendan Kelly was a painter and comic artist who introduced her to art at an early age and her mother Tanya was a maid. In June 2015, she got engaged to NBA guard/forward Nick Young, but the couple separated a year later.
- Took her stage name from her childhood dog, Iggy, and Azalea Street, the street in Australia on which she grew up.
- Her 2012 track “Murda Bizness” features Southern rapper T.I.
- Is the only other act besides The Beatles to rank numbers one and two simultaneously with her first two entries on the Billboard Hot 100 singles chart.
- In late October 2020 she posted first photos of her son on Instagram and revealed that she was raising him as a single mother.
- She was the first international and female rapper to make XXL’s annual Top 10 Freshman list and later appeared at the 2012 BET Hip Hop Awards Rap Cypher.
- Her 2014 song “Fancy” with Charli XCX became a number one hit. She won a 2014 American Music Award for Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist.
- Was engaged to professional basketball player Nick Young [June 1, 2015 to June 19, 2016].
- Australian hip-hop singer who earned worldwide recognition with viral videos for her tracks “Pu$$y” and “Two Times.”.
- Azalea is considered a protégé of rapper T.I..
- Ranked #96 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” of 2014 list.
Personal Quotes by Iggy Azalea
I think you can say anybody uses anything as a gimmick. Is Adele’s not having gimmicks her gimmick? It’s hard to say, isn’t it? Really, I think that everybody has something that people like or that’s great about them.Iggy Azalea
I always say: ‘Share your happiness with the world, give other people that happiness and let it come back,’ but some things make me question it. I don’t know if I want some people to know that I am happy. I think a lot of people want to take it away from you, and that’s really scary.Iggy Azalea
I think some people think I’m, like, anti-label, and I’m not. I just wanted to sign a deal when the time was right. I’m anti being shot out of a rocket when you’re not ready and the songs and image aren’t there.Iggy Azalea
I’d known since about eleven that I wanted to live in America.Iggy Azalea
I feel like ‘Work’ was a really good song for people to get to know me, as it’s obviously biographical. With ‘Bounce,’ I wanted to make sure people know there’s a fun side to me as well as the somber and serious one.Iggy Azalea