Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Jaleel White. Check it out!
Jaleel White was born on November 27, 1976 in Pasadena, California, USA as Jaleel Ahmad White. He is an actor and writer, known for Family Matters (1989), Big Fat Liar (2002) and Sonic the Hedgehog (1993).
Interesting Facts about Jaleel White
- Ranked #1 in Q-Ratings (1991)
- Is against alcohol and drugs.
- Father is Michael, a dentist. Mother is Gail, a housewife.
- Attended Henry E. Huntington Middle School in San Marino, California.
- Originally, his character on Family Matters (1989) was supposed to be a guest-star, but proved to be so popular that he stayed on as a regular.
- Graduated from UCLA Film School in 2001.
- After shooting his first scene as Steve Urkel on Family Matters (1989), 50 frat boys in the audience started chanting, “Urkel! Urkel! Urkel!” It was then that the show’s producers realized how gifted he was.
- It was rumoured that he would voice Sonic the Hedgehog again in Sonic Generations (2011), as one of the staff at Sega of America wanted him to voice Classic Sonic, but Jaleel was never approached about doing the role and they eventually decided to make Classic Sonic mute.
- Regularly played basketball against George Clooney while each was on their respective TV series, Family Matters (1989) and ER (1994), which were on nearby sets.
- Played the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog on three animated series, including Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog (1993), the ABC Saturday morning cartoon Sonic the Hedgehog (1993) and Sonic Underground (1999).
- He has played the same character (Steven “Steve” Urkel) in four different television series: Full House (1987), Family Matters (1989), Step by Step (1991) and Meego (1997).
- Likes writing short stories and drawing cartoons.
Personal Quotes by Jaleel White
I was fortunate to work with some very powerful producers like Tom Miller and Bob Boyett.- Jaleel White
I took opportunities, big or small, to show that I was a constant professional. I feel like the Sam Jackson of network TV drama.- Jaleel White
I will get in my car and get a chocolate souffle at midnight, and a glass of wine, and remind myself that most of my troubles are just in my mind.- Jaleel White
I learned to be on time because, otherwise, you could miss a major opportunity. Also, it’s important to live a balanced life, stay healthy, and not waste your money on things like $8 lattes.- Jaleel White
Oh, the first dish I learned to make, I think I was about 10 years old, I made my dad spaghetti and broccoli for dinner when he got home from work, and it was, like, a surprise.- Jaleel White