Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Josh Gad. Check it out!
Josh Gad was born on February 23, 1981 in Hollywood, Florida, USA. He is an actor and producer, known for Frozen (2013), Pixels (2015) and Beauty and the Beast (2017). He has been married to Ida Darvish since May 10, 2008. They have two children.
Interesting Facts about Josh Gad
- Best friends and high school classmates with Dirty Sexy Money (2007)’s star, Seth Gabel (Seth Cosentino back in high school).
- His father was born in Afghanistan, to an Afghan Jewish family. His mother, who was raised in New York, is of Ashkenazi Jewish background, from a family of Holocaust survivors.
- Won the National Forensics League National Tournament Championships in Humorous Interpretation and Original Oratory in 1999.
- Attended the University School (FL).
- Carnegie Mellon University, School of Drama. BFA, 2003
- Godfather of Theo Gabel, son of Seth Gabel and Bryce Dallas Howard.
- Ida Darvish, his wife, gave birth to his first child, a daughter Ava Tanya Gad on August 3, 2011.
- Nominated for a 2011 Tony Award for Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Musical for his portrayal of Elder Cunningham in “The Book of Mormon”.
- Attended Carnegie Mellon University with Josh Groban.
- He was confirmed to be under consideration to play Quasimodo in the future live-action adaptation of The Hunchback of Notre Dame as of July 14, 2019.
- Ida Darvish, his wife, gave birth to his second child, a daughter Isabella Eve Gad on February 17, 2014.
Personal Quotes by Josh Gad
I was being flirted with for ‘Modern Family,’ which my wife still hasn’t let me live down, but it’s one of those things where that show is so brilliant because the casting couldn’t be any more perfect. It wouldn’t have been right for me, and I wouldn’t have been right for it.- Josh Gad
Hollywood is the kind of place that takes what you do well in one thing and manufactures it so the joy can be taken out of it.- Josh Gad
I don’t know if I’d call myself a prodigy, but I was a big forensics competitor in high school, and then during college I spent some time working at speech and debate camps as a coach.- Josh Gad
I think physical comedy is an amazing asset because it tells a story that’s more universal than just language and dialogue. I grew up watching Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton. They’re very powerful figures in my life.- Josh Gad
There are certain TV shows that probably would have made me rich, and there are certain commitments I could have made that probably would have raised a lot of eyebrows that I didn’t. But I don’t look back at those decisions and say, ‘Oh God, I’m such an idiot.’- Josh Gad