Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kate Bosworth. Check it out!
Kate Bosworth was born in Los Angeles, California, to Patricia (Potter), a homemaker, and Harold Bosworth, who was an executive for Talbots. Unlike the characters Bosworth has portrayed in television and in film, which are known as “townies”, Kate spent most of her childhood in different cities and states. At age 6, she and her parents moved to San Francisco, then to Connecticut at 9, and to Cohasset, Massachusetts, at 14. It was at 14 that Kate, a champion equestrian, learned of a casting call for a movie about horses.
Interesting Facts about Kate Bosworth
- Named #38 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2005 list.
- Appeared on Victoria’s Secret 2008 “What Is Sexy?” list. She was declared as having the “sexiest eyes”.
- Used a family Christmas card photo as the required headshot for the audition of The Horse Whisperer (1998).
- Has two cats, Louise and Dusty.
- Was in a relationship with Alexander Skarsgård [2009-2011].
- Rated #2 on E!’s list of 2006’s “Girls of Summer”.
- Was in a relationship with James Rousseau [2006-2010].
- Was a client of J.J. Harris, who died on August 30, 2013, a day before her wedding to Michael Polish.
- At the 2006 Melbourne Cup, she presented the trophy to the winning connections of the Motorola Mackinnon Stakes on Derby Day.
- Was the first choice for the role of “Gail” in Sin City (2005). The role would eventually go to Rosario Dawson.
- She has been accepted to Princeton University, but she has repeatedly deferred her acceptance probably for the sake of movie production.
- Is a member of the National Honor Society.
Personal Quotes by Kate Bosworth
You know what, I’m a big coward and I’m really afraid of live audiences.- Kate Bosworth
I don’t want to broadcast my personal life because I feel it’s off-putting.- Kate Bosworth
I was a real loner in high school, even though people assume I was the head cheerleader.- Kate Bosworth
I’m a serial monogamist.- Kate Bosworth
I hold theatre acting in such high esteem that it scares me.- Kate Bosworth