Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Katie Cassidy. Check it out!
Katie Cassidy was born Katherine Evelyn Anita Cassidy on November 25, 1986, in Los Angeles, California. Her father, David Cassidy, was a pop star in the 1970s. Her mother, Sherry Williams, was a high fashion model in the early 1970s. Sherry left her career to concentrate on raising her 3 daughters, with husband, Richard Benedon M.D., Katie’s stepdad. Her famous relatives include uncles Shaun Cassidy, Patrick Cassidy and Ryan Cassidy, the sons by her grandfather Jack Cassidy’s marriage to Shirley Jones; Katie’s grandmother was Evelyn Ward. As a child, Katie took gymnastics, studied piano, guitar and singing, then took dancing and acting lessons and eventually became a cheerleader for the California Flyers. She attended Calabasas High School in her neighborhood, where she also cheered as a freshman. Her mother insisted that she complete college prep classes in high school before she embarked on her acting career. For years prior to graduation in 2005, Katie was modeling and studying acting in community theater. Katie had just been accepted to ‘Tisch’ at NYU when she was offered her first role as “Dee Dee”, which was one month before graduating. Katie has not stopped working since. Katie’s early exposure to show business, the cosmopolitan culture of Los Angeles, her family upbringing, and her comprehensive education altogether produced a remarkable result. She grew up as a multifaceted person showing her many talents in a variety of professions such as recording her father’s 1970s hit “I Think I Love You” and singing in VH1’s TV special Bubblegum Babylon (2002), writing her own songs, modeling for Abercrombie and Fitch and Guess?’s Rock and Republic clothing lines in 2004, and acting. However, she was publicly criticized by her father who would have liked for her to wait before she covered his classic hit. During her stint with Artemis Records, she was introduced to the popular boy band Dream Street. There she met Greg Raposo, who wrote the song “We’re In Love” for her when they dated in 2002. She also met her ex-boyfriend, Jesse McCartney, there and later appeared as his love interest in his video hit “She’s No You”. A story on Jesse and Katie appeared in the January 2006 issue of Teen People magazine. At that time she was busy working on five feature film productions going on almost simultaneously. Katie made several appearances in TV series, such as 7th Heaven (1996) and Sex, Love & Secrets (2005), among others. She appeared as Samantha, the grown-up daughter of Adam Sandler and Kate Beckinsale in the comedy Click (2006). After the release of a teen horror film, When a Stranger Calls (2006),in which she co-starred as Tiffany, Cassidy went to Vancouver to work on her second horror film, Black Christmas (2006), in which she stars as a sorority girl. Katie recently beat out the likes of Jessica Simpson and Kristin Cavallari for the leading role opposite John Travolta as his daughter and the heir to the most powerful energy company in the world in Dallas, the big-screen remake of the cult TV series.
Interesting Facts about Katie Cassidy
- She does her own singing in the movie, Cover Versions (2018).
- Katie is named after Katharine Hepburn; also, one of her two middle names is taken from Evelyn Ward – Katie’s paternal grandmother.
- Was formerly in a relationship with Film and TV producer Dana Brunetti.
- One of three Supernatural (2005) guest stars linked to the role of the iconic DC heroine Black Canary. Alaina Huffman portrayed Dinah Lance on Smallville (2001), while Alona Tal has been strongly rumored for the role in the DC Extended Universe.
- Was going to appear in a 2007 remake of Revenge of the Nerds (1984) starring Adam Brody but after three weeks of filming the project was canceled.
- She has played the same character (Laurel Lance / Black Canary) in three different series: Arrow (2012), The Flash (2014) and Legends of Tomorrow (2016).
- Started off her career modeling with Abercrombie and Fitch.
- She is a skilled guitarist and pianist.
- On June 5, 2017, Cassidy announced her engagement to Matthew Rodgers. They have been in a relationship for a year.
- Stars as DC Comics icon Dinah Laurel Lance/Black Canary/Black Siren on Arrow (2012). In real life, she went to prom with Tyler Hoechlin who portrayed Clark Kent/Superman in Supergirl (2015).
- Co-created a fashion blog called Tomboy KC and co-designed an eyewear line for Glasses.com.
- Though Laurel is meant to be a couple of years older than Sara on Arrow (2012), Katie is only about a month older than Caity Lotz.
Personal Quotes by Katie Cassidy
I just love strong female characters in general, not necessarily because, ‘She’s evil’ or ‘Oh, because she’s good.’- Katie Cassidy
There is definitely something that has to be said for me liking the action, Lara Croft type stuff. I really want to explore that side of me.- Katie Cassidy
I wanted to make a name for myself.- Katie Cassidy
Physically, I’m trying to get in the best shape possible.- Katie Cassidy
When you’re actually talented, and you have something to offer, people start to look at you for you as opposed to who you’re the offspring of. I feel like a lot of actors, artists, or musicians who come from famous fathers or mothers all deal with the same thing.- Katie Cassidy