Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Keira Knightley. Check it out!
Keira Christina Knightley was born March 26, 1985 in the South West Greater London suburb of Richmond. She is the daughter of actor Will Knightley and actress turned playwright Sharman Macdonald. An older brother, Caleb Knightley, was born in 1979. Her father is English, while her Scottish-born mother is of Scottish and Welsh origin. Brought up immersed in the acting profession from both sides – writing and performing – it is little wonder that the young Keira asked for her own agent at the age of three. She was granted one at the age of six and performed in her first TV role as “Little Girl” in Screen One: Royal Celebration (1993), aged seven.
Interesting Facts about Keira Knightley
- Trained in dancing.
- Was two months pregnant with her daughter Delilah when she completed filming Misbehaviour (2020).
- Mother, with husband James Righton, of daughters Edie Righton (b. May 2015) and Delilah Righton (b. August 2019).
- She’s an idol in several forum communities from Heavengames.com, one of the most famous websites about Real Time Strategy computer games.
- At age 20, she was the fifth-youngest woman in Oscar history to be nominated for Best Actress.
- Trained four days a week for three months in preparation for King Arthur (2004). She did about two hours of weight lifting, and then three hours either boxing, fighting, or horseback riding – Cosmopolitan, August 2004.
- She did her first topless scene at age 15, in The Hole (2001), whilst the film was released in 2001 it was filmed in 2000. For legal reasons due to her age, her mother had to agree and the set was closed.
- Ranked #5 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006” supplement.
- Johnny Depp is one of her favorite actors. She worked with him on Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest (2006) and Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End (2007).
- The Jacket (2005) was the first film where she used an American accent.
- Ranked #29 in the 2011 FHM Australia list of “100 Sexiest Women in the World”.
- The Daily Mirror named her “Actress of the Year” in December 2005.
Personal Quotes by Keira Knightley
If only I wasn’t an atheist, I could get away with anything.- Keira Knightley
I tried college for three months but I was desperately unhappy. I just wanted to perform. I was getting straight As but I had no friends and cried every day.- Keira Knightley
My mum says that I was born 45, and I do remember at six thinking that I should be earning my own living.- Keira Knightley
I’m doing a film now with a lot of guys as well, so at the end of that I will be growing a beard.- Keira Knightley
When I was about 5 I think, I desperately wanted to be a pirate and have the hat and everything.- Keira Knightley