Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Kyle Chandler. Check it out!
Kyle M. Chandler is an Emmy-winning American actor who was born in Buffalo, New York in 1965. He resides in the United States with his wife, Kathryn Chandler, and their two children, Sawyer and Sydney. Some of his most notable credits include “Friday Night Lights” (Friday Night Lights (2006)), “Bloodline” (Bloodline (2015)), The Wolf of Wall Street (The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)), Argo (Argo (2012)) and Zero Dark Thirty (Zero Dark Thirty (2012)), to name a few.
Interesting Facts about Kyle Chandler
- He has worked with 4 directors who have won a Best Director Oscar: Peter Jackson, Kathryn Bigelow, Martin Scorsese, and Damien Chazelle.
- He has German, English, and some Irish, ancestry (his mother was of almost entirely German descent).
- Godparent, with his wife Kathryn Chandler, of Paton Ashbrook (whose parents are actors Daphne Ashbrook and Lorenzo Lamas).
- Once had a job as a nightclub bouncer.
- Nominated at the 2016 Primetime Emmy Awards in the Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series category for his portrayal of John Rayburn in the second season of Bloodline (2015).
- Has two daughters named Sydney Chandler and Sawyer.
- He received one of the faux “Bruce Baxter” posters from King Kong (2005) as a souvenir. His wife hung it up in their bedroom.
- After moving to Los Angeles, sold souvenirs at a museum.
- As of 2017, has appeared in four films that were nominated for the Best Picture Oscar: Argo (2012), Zero Dark Thirty (2012), The Wolf of Wall Street (2013) and Manchester by the Sea (2016). Argo (2012) won in the category.
- Cousin of Beau Garrett and Autumn Garrett.
- His older brother, Brian Chandler, is a successful attorney in Houston, Texas. During his brief stint on The Lyon’s Den (2003), Brian would offer tips on how to act like a lawyer and served as a model for some of Kyle’s mannerisms on the show.
- Had a star near Orion’s Belt named for him in September 2007.
Personal Quotes by Kyle Chandler
I can gab with pretty much anyone.- Kyle Chandler
We run into some pretty tough arguments sometimes, but the idea is that at the end of the day, my wife and I realize that we’ll always be holding each other’s hand. This is a lifelong relationship, and after 12 years she hasn’t gotten rid of me yet.- Kyle Chandler
I love playing a role where I think I’m right and then you learn you’re not. And it’s what you do with that information.- Kyle Chandler
I always treat all the jobs I do as an acting class.- Kyle Chandler
The only reason anyone ever called me a hero is because I get this paper, here.- Kyle Chandler