Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Lacey Chabert. Check it out!
Lacey Nicole Chabert was born in Purvis, Mississippi, to Julie (Johnson) and Tony Chabert, a representative for an oil company. She is of Cajun (French), Italian, English, and Scottish ancestry. Chabert started in drama and music performances in and around her hometown in Mississippi from an early age, and was a finalist on Star Search (1983) in 1991. She gained her break in a cough syrup commercial, before successfully auditioning for the Broadway production of Les Miserables, where she played young Cosette for two years. Since then, she has been on a few television series, notably Party of Five (1994), a number of telemovies like Gypsy (1993), and her big-screen debut, Lost in Space (1998). Known for her natural acting skills and charming personality, her cotton candy voice has seen her record many advertising jingles, plus play parts in animated films and TV shows like Nickelodeon’s The Wild Thornberrys (1998). A more than capable violinist, she enjoys various activities, especially shoe shopping, and she is particularly fond of Cajun cooking. As a result of her promising career, her family, including two sisters and a brother, have moved from Mississippi to California.
Interesting Facts about Lacey Chabert
- Posed twice for racy men’s magazine Maxim, first in early in 2007 at age 24 and later in late 2013 at age 31.
- Ranked #90 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2008 list.
- Was the first of the four main Mean Girls (2004) cast-members to get married and have a baby.
- Ranked #32 on the Maxim magazine Hot 100 of 2007 list.
- Was childhood friends with rock star David Ham.
- Was the original voice of Meg Griffin for the first 13 episodes of Family Guy (1999), before Mila Kunis took over the part. She was uncredited for the role.
- Ranked #45 on Maxim’s “Hot 100” of 2014 list.
- Born on the same date as Kieran Culkin.
- Was the first and only choice considered to play “Gretchen Wieners” in Mean Girls (2004).
- The date shown in the opening scene of Lost in Space (1998) is September 30, 2058; her 76th birthday.
- She was originally chosen to play “Chloe Steele” in Left Behind III: World at War (2005), but a scheduling conflict made that impossible. Janaya Stephens got the role instead.
- Was among celebrities dishing out $250 meals in the fifth-annual Celebrity Server Dinner at the Palm Restaurant in L.A., with proceeds benefiting Victory over Violence. (October 11, 1998)
Personal Quotes by Lacey Chabert
This is my dream. I’ve been doing this since I was a kid, and I’ve been blessed to work and be a working actor, and there’s not a day that goes by that I’m not thankful for that, but my priorities have definitely shifted.– Lacey Chabert
I feel like I’m that typical new parent that’s nervous about everything.– Lacey Chabert
I was raised cooking my grandmother’s food, my mom’s recipes.– Lacey Chabert
I had to have my first kiss in front of, like, a hundred people. I didn’t know what to do. So my sisters told me to, like, practice on a pillow, you know? But it didn’t kiss me back so I didn’t know what to expect.– Lacey Chabert
I sing; I started my career at 9 years old in ‘Les Miserables’ on Broadway.– Lacey Chabert