Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Lauren Cohan. Check it out!
Lauren Cohan is a British-American actress and model, best known for her role as Maggie Greene on The Walking Dead (2010) and recurring roles on The Vampire Diaries (2009), Supernatural (2005), and Chuck (2007). After her film debut on Casanova (2005) as Sister Beatrice, she starred in the sequel to Van Wilder: Party Liaison (2002), Van Wilder 2: The Rise of Taj (2006), as Charlotte Higginson. Her next role was in the 2007 film, Float (2008). In February 2010, she was cast in Death Race 2 (2010), with Sean Bean and Danny Trejo, and also the supernatural-horror film The Boy (2016), where Lauren played the main character, Greta Evans. In 2016, Cohan also appeared as Martha Wayne in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016).
Interesting Facts about Lauren Cohan
- Lauren’s favorite Supernatural (2005) character to work with is “Gordon Walker”, played by Sterling K. Brown. One of her favorite episodes to watch is Supernatural: Skin (2005), from the show’s first season.
- She has five younger half siblings.
- Lauren loves the book, “Life Of Pi”, by Yann Martel and the 2012 film, Life of Pi (2012), based on this novel.
- Lauren got her inspiration for playing her Supernatural (2005) character Bela from Catherine Zeta-Jones’ character Virginia Baker in the 1999 film Entrapment (1999).
- Graduated with a BA in English and Drama from Winchester University, UK.
- Her favourite actor is Tom Hanks.
- She was cast in the second season of the AMC television series The Walking Dead (2010) based on the comic book series of the same name, in the recurring role of Maggie Greene. She was promoted to the main cast in the third season.
- Her father is American of English, Irish and Norwegian descent and her mother is Scottish.
- Has an English accent.
- Lauren is an avid fan of the 1989 film, Pet Sematary (1989), and, while living in England, she lived near a real Pet Cemetery.
- Initially auditioned for the role of Ruby in Supernatural (2005). The role was eventually given to Katie Cassidy.
- Lauren learned fencing, while she was doing Van Wilder 2: The Rise of Taj (2006), and archery, while filming The Quiet Assassin (2005). She also learned how to use guns during her stint on Supernatural (2005).
Personal Quotes by Lauren Cohan
I do all core-based alignment training and strength training. If I don’t die at the end of 90 minutes, then it hasn’t been a good workout.- Lauren Cohan
For some reason, I bruise like a peach. I don’t have enough vitamin C, I think.- Lauren Cohan
When I audition for something, I don’t even want to think about who the other actors are in it, who’s directing it.- Lauren Cohan
I’m a really goofy person most of the time, and I have to sometimes temper my hyper self on set.- Lauren Cohan
I’m a history nerd. Actually acting’s the best job for somebody who loves weird, different stuff.- Lauren Cohan