Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Margarita Levieva. Check it out!
Margarita Levieva is an American actress. Born in Leningrad, Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic (now Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation), at age three she began the rigorous training program of a competitive rhythmic gymnast. Levieva continued to train for the next 13 years, winning competitions in Russia and eventually going on to compete in the United States after emigrating. When she was 11, Levieva’s mother moved her and her twin brother to Sheepshead Bay, Brooklyn in New York City. She attended high school in Secaucus, New Jersey. Levieva majored in economics at NYU and worked as a fashion buyer. Her continuing interest in acting led her to be accepted into the Meisner Training Program at the William Esper Studio. In 2005, New York Magazine featured her as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in New York.
Interesting Facts about Margarita Levieva
- Attended High School in Secaucus, Hudson County, New Jersey.
- Studied Economics at New York University.
- She was cast in and filmed scenes for the second season of Luck (2011) before controversy over animal safety concerns forced HBO to abruptly cancel the series.
- She is from a Russian Jewish family.
- Has a twin brother named Michael.
- She graduated from New York University with a double major in economics and psychology, with minors in philosophy, sociology, and Russian history. She financed her studies by becoming a fashion buyer for Assets London, a former chain of New York luxury stores.
- Was in a relationship with Romanian-American actor Sebastian Stan from July 2014 – 2016.
- Trained as a rhythmic gymnast, but was ineligible to compete for the United States in the Olympics because she was not a citizen, and elected not to compete for Russia.
- Featured as one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in New York by New York Magazine in 2005.
Personal Quotes by Margarita Levieva
I was always the serious kid.- Margarita Levieva
I don’t usually have those ‘twin experiences’ that people talk about.- Margarita Levieva
One of my first commercials was for a Samsung cellphone. It was made as a mini-movie.- Margarita Levieva
I grew up in communist Russia where we didn’t have anything, so I’m not worried that I can’t buy an extra pair of shoes.- Margarita Levieva