Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Mark Salling. Check it out!
Known for starring as musically-inclined football player Noah “Puck” Puckerman on the show Glee (2009), Mark Wayne Salling was born in Dallas, Texas. He was the younger of two children of Condy Sue (Wherry), a school secretary, and John Robert Salling, Jr., an accountant. He was home-schooled at an early age. Salling was raised in a “strict Christian home” and attended Providence Christian School and Our Redeemer Lutheran during elementary school. He attended, but did not graduate, from Culver Military Academy, and later graduated from Lake Highlands High School in 2001. While in high school, he was a member of the school wrestling team. Music was also an integral part of his teenage years; he often performed in bars despite being underage and participated in school talent shows. After graduating from high school, he attended the Los Angeles Music Academy College of Music in Pasadena, California and began studying guitar, giving guitar lessons to make a living. Mark owned a dog named Noah, which he named after his character on Glee.
Interesting Facts about Mark Salling
- Good friends with Rob Kardashian (Kim Kardashian’s brother). They usually hang out together or play golf.
- Played the guitar, piano, bass, and drums.
- On December 29, 2015 Salling was arrested in connection with possession of child pornography. He was booked in downtown Los Angeles. Police obtained a warrant to search his house in Sunland, California where officers found hundreds of images on his computer. This was not his first brush with the law. He paid an ex-girlfriend $2.7 million for knocking her to the ground after she confronted him with a charge of sexual battery.
- Had a dog named Noah Saw Salling and Lea Michele helped him pick out that name.
- Distant cousin of actress Tiffani Thiessen.
- Good friends of Dianna Agron, Lea Michele, Cory Monteith and Chord Overstreet.
- Top 40/70 in Sexiest & Hottest Men in 2011.
- On January 30, 2018, Salling’s body was found hanging by rope, a death later ruled as suicide. News of Salling’s death broke a few weeks before his sentencing for possession of child pornography.
- Originally lied about his age in his Glee (2009) audition — he said he was 19, but he was really 26. Ryan Murphy finally called him out on this fib, but to Salling’s relief his older age was preferred for the role.
- Had a dog named Hank.
- Played piano since age five, and could also play drums, guitar, and bass.
- He had English and German, and smaller amounts of Scottish, Dutch, and Irish, ancestry.
Personal Quotes by Mark Salling
You don’t really have time to watch TV if you work on TV.Mark Salling
I play Xbox in my underwear.Mark Salling
I’m not really anything like Puck – I’m worse!Mark Salling
I love nineties stuff like Alice in Chains and Nine Inch Nails. It’d be my dream to have a Radiohead-themed episode of ‘Glee.’ I also love jazz greats like Coltrane, Miles Davis, and Herbie Hancock.Mark Salling