Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Matthew Lillard. Check it out!
Matthew Lillard was born in Lansing, Michigan, to Paula and Jeffrey Lillard. He lived with his family in Tustin, California, from first grade to high school graduation. The summer after high school, he was hired as an extra for Ghoulies Go to College (1990). Matthew was the MC of the Nickelodeon program SK8 TV (1990) in 1989. He attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts in Pasedena, California. Along with a friend, Matthew started the Mean Street Ensemble theater company that functioned until 1991, when Matthew moved to New York to attend the theater school Circle in the Square.
Interesting Facts about Matthew Lillard
- One younger sister, Amy Lillard.
- Christopher McDonald played Matthew Lillard’s father in two movies…Spooner (2009) and SLC Punk! (1998).
- Essentially started his career playing the son of a sadistic killer (Kathleen Turner in Serial Mom (1994)), and then played a sadistic killer himself in Scream (1996).
- Third child: son Liam born in April 2008.
- Was classmates with Paul Rudd at American Academy of Dramatic Arts.
- Alumnus of the AADA (American Academy of Dramatic Arts), Class of 1990.
- Attended Fullerton College in Fullerton, California, for a brief time with the theater department.
- As of 2004, Matthew has worked (co-starred) with actor Freddie Prinze Jr. five times: Wing Commander (1999), Summer Catch (2001), She’s All That (1999), Scooby-Doo (2002) and Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (2004).
- Second daughter, Macey Lyn, was born October 19, 2004 in Los Angeles.
- Attended Foothill High School in Tustin, California.
- Enjoys playing video games. Especially FIFA.
- Scooby-Doo (2002) was his 4th movie with Freddie Prinze Jr..
Personal Quotes by Matthew Lillard
So much of Hollywood is about who the people you work with are.- Matthew Lillard
How much do you have to pay someone to be in a George Clooney/Alexander Payne film? Nothing! Because everyone in the world wants to be a part of it. Therefore you pay nothing. And that continues until you become something they need… I’m not that kind of actor. I’m blue collar and very replaceable.- Matthew Lillard
I direct with energy. I believe in energy. I think energy is an electric thing in actors. I try to inspire, encourage, and make choices with lots of energy. And truth. I’m big fan of truth and being funny. I like leading 50 people into battle every day.- Matthew Lillard
Charlie Brown’s good. I always had a little crush on that Lucy. I thought she was kind of a hot little brunette.- Matthew Lillard
I always think that I’m the best thing in a lot of bad movies. Personally, I have to. I think that I like me as an actor.- Matthew Lillard