Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Michael B. Jordan. Check it out!
Michael B. Jordan, the middle of three children, was born in Santa Ana, California and raised in Newark, New Jersey. He is the son of Donna (Davis), a high school counselor, and Michael A. Jordan. His middle name, Bakari, means “noble promise” in Swahili. (He is not related to, or named after, basketball legend Michael Jordan.)
Interesting Facts about Michael B. Jordan
- Younger brother of producer Jamila Jordan.
- Was home schooled but was allowed to play on the basketball team at New Jersey’s Newark Arts High School.
- Friends with Chadwick Boseman.
- Was considered one of The 25 Best Actors in Their 20s by Complex magazine. (2013).
- There are 11 other Michael Jordans born in his home state of California the same year he was born (1987).
- His middle name, Bakari, is Swahili and means “of noble promise”.
- Has appeared in several films featuring superheroes / powers. He was Johnny Storm in Fantastic Four (2015), Erik Killmonger in Black Panther (2018), Steve Montgomery in Chronicle (2012), and voiced Victor Stone / Cyborg in Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013).
- He grew up in a religious household and considers himself to be “spiritual”.
- Ranked at #21 on GQ’s 25 Most Stylish Men of 2013.
- Before he started booking acting gigs, he appeared in ads for Modell’s Sporting Goods and Toys ‘R Us.
- Appeared on the 2013 Power 100 list for Ebony Magazine. (2013).
- Appeared on Variety’s “Top 10 Actors To Watch” list (2013).
Personal Quotes by Michael B. Jordan
You borrow from the greats, and you make your own path without losing the core of who you are.- Michael B. Jordan
Definitely, as I get older and my taste buds change, I want to do different things. I’m not ready for directing yet, you know, maybe when I get my big boy voice; I don’t have that yet, but right now definitely producing for sure.- Michael B. Jordan
I want to leave something behind. A blueprint. A work ethic. Something that my great-grandkids and their kids and their kids can see: This is where it started. Lineage. Intergenerational wealth. Things that are here forever. All that.- Michael B. Jordan
I think history repeats itself. There’s a constant conversation between the oppressed and the oppressor. No matter what your field is, whether it’s gender equality, the Time’s Up movement, or diversity casting, it’s always going to be a back-and-forth battle.- Michael B. Jordan
When I trained for ‘Creed,’ I had about a year in advance to know what I was doing before. So I lived like a fighter, you know? I went through the workout routine, the diet, training with real boxers, training with real trainers, did the whole thing.- Michael B. Jordan