Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Natalie Portman. Check it out!
Natalie Portman is the first person born in the 1980s to have won the Academy Award for Best Actress (for Black Swan (2010)).
Interesting Facts about Natalie Portman
- Has acted out giving birth in three of her movies; Where the Heart Is (2000), Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith (2005) and The Other Boleyn Girl (2008).
- She entered a project into the Intel Science Talent Search in the late 1990s while at Syosset High School. Her project, titled “A Simple Method to Demonstrate the Enzymatic Production of Hydrogen from Sugar”, took her to the semi-finals of the Intel contest. She graduated Valedictorian of Syosset High School in 1999 and went on to study Psychology and Neuroscience at Harvard University, graduating in 2003.
- When she arrived at a London airport to do reshoots for the third Star Wars prequel, a customs official–going by her size–asked Natalie if she was traveling with a guardian.
- Several months after shaving her head, she was traveling through Ireland and stopped for directions at a bed and breakfast. The owners refused to allow her even onto their porch. However, they did give her directions.
- She holds the record for third-largest “Best Actress” award sweep (38 wins) for her role as Nina Sayers in Black Swan (2010), following Helen Mirren (40 wins) for her performance as Queen Elizabeth II in The Queen (2006) and Cate Blanchett (41 wins) for her performance as Jasmine French in Blue Jasmine (2013).
- In 1999, magazines reported that Portman started a new trend – wearing logo T-shirts – when they snapped photos of her at her 18th birthday wearing a snug Nesquik shirt. (However, logo T-shirts had already been popular since at least the 1970s) She had borrowed the shirt from her best friend’s eight-year-old brother; he was appalled.
- Takes pride in the fact that she is a role model for girls and chooses roles that are positive so that they will have a positive role model to look up to.
- Named #61 in FHM magazine’s “100 Sexiest Women in the World 2006” supplement.
- Gave birth to her 2nd child at age 35, a daughter named Amalia Millepied on February 22, 2017. Child’s father is her husband, Benjamin Millepied.
- Was surprised and amused to discover that her apartment in the heart of Kings Cross, London, was across the street from a brothel.
- Sold her 2,088-square-foot house in Sea Cliff, New York for $1.750 million. She had purchased it in 2002 for $1.375 million (2007).
- Went to Usdan Camp for the arts as a child.
Personal Quotes by Natalie Portman
Smart women love smart men more than smart men love smart women.- Natalie Portman
Jasmine is just the most delicate and beautiful scent.- Natalie Portman
It’s always strange being a kid on the set, because you’re treated like an equal when you’re working. But then when you break, the other actors go back to their trailers to take naps and drink beer, and I have to, like, go do school.- Natalie Portman
I don’t love studying. I hate studying. I like learning. Learning is beautiful.- Natalie Portman
Where I live, nobody who’s fourteen is having sex and doing major drugs. And I think if you see it in the movies, you may be influenced by it. I think it’s so important to preserve your innocence.- Natalie Portman