Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Nicole Kidman. Check it out!
Elegant Nicole Kidman, known as one of Hollywood’s top Australian imports, was actually born in Honolulu, Hawaii, while her Australian parents were there on educational visas.
Interesting Facts about Nicole Kidman
- Often teaches herself various skills for different roles. Among them, she knows how to twirl and throw knives, due to her role in Paddington (2014), for which she also took a taxidermy class as part of her preparation.
- 2006: Her performance as Suzanne Stone Maretto in To Die For (1995) is ranked #40 on Premiere Magazine’s 100 Greatest Performances of All Time.
- Turned down Jodie Foster’s role in The Brave One (2007).
- Married Keith Urban in the St. Patrick’s church in Manly, a suburb of Sydney. The wedding ceremony lasted 35 minutes. 230 guests attended her wedding to Keith Urban. Among them were her best friend Naomi Watts, Russell Crowe, Baz Luhrmann, Hugh Jackman and Nicole’s two children Isabella and Conor. Jim Carrey was invited and greatly wanted to come, in fact he booked plane tickets to Australia, but last minute scheduling conflicts stopped him from going.
- Attended Princess Diana’s funeral with her then-husband, Tom Cruise.
- She saved Hugh Jackman from a poisonous scorpion on the set of Australia (2008). While she was about to join Hugh in the bag, she noticed the poisonous scorpion crawling up his leg. She calmly told him not to move and squatted down, scooped the arachnid into her hat and walked over to the woods and released it. Everyone applauded but was asked why she hadn’t just stomped on it. She said, ‘I would never kill an animal. Every creature here has its purpose. This one just didn’t belong in Hugh’s bag!’”.
- Turned down the lead role of Roxie Hart in Chicago (2002) because she had just completed Moulin Rouge! (2001) and did not want to do two musicals in a row. Her friend, Renée Zellweger, won the role of Roxie and an Oscar nomination for her efforts.
- Was attached to produce and star as Einar Wegener in The Danish Girl (2015) for several years and she considered it to be a passion project for her. She revealed in 2010, that at one point, following difficulties with finding a director, she considered making it her directorial debut. However, in 2014, the project moved forward again, but without Kidman’s involvement.
- Was originally cast as Ulla in The Producers (2005) and was considered for roles in Nymphomaniac: Vol. I (2013) and Bel Ami (2012). All three roles eventually went to Uma Thurman. Furthermore, Joel Schumacher also wanted Kidman to play Poison Ivy in Batman Forever (1995), but the use of the character was delayed to a later entry in the Batman series, in which Thurman played the part.
- The on-location dressing room she used for Cold Mountain (2003) was an old converted bus once owned by executed Romanian dictator Nicolae Ceausescu.
- Said that if she had not been an actress, she would have been a doctor.
- Raised in Longueville, Sydney and attended a Catholic school.
Personal Quotes by Nicole Kidman
I believe that as much as you take, you have to give back. It’s important not to focus on yourself too much.Nicole Kidman
LIfe has got all those twists and turns. You’ve got to hold on tight and off you go.Nicole Kidman
I’ll put it out there: I love getting hugs.Nicole Kidman
I love acting, but it’s much more fun taking the kids to the zoo.Nicole Kidman
There’s no drugs, no Tom in a dress, no psychiatrists.Nicole Kidman