Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Rachel Weisz. Check it out!
Rachel Hannah Weisz was born on 7 March, 1970, in London, U.K., to Edith Ruth (Teich), a psychoanalyst, and George Weisz, an inventor. Her parents both came to England around 1938. Her father is a Hungarian Jewish immigrant, and her mother, from Vienna, was of Italian and Austrian Jewish heritage. Rachel has a sister, Minnie, a curator and photographer.
Interesting Facts about Rachel Weisz
- Is semi-fluent in German.
- Ranked #30 in Stuff magazine’s 102 Sexiest Women in the World (2002).
- She appeared in two movies in 2005 that have the word “Constant” in their titles: Constantine (2005) and The Constant Gardener (2005).
- Good friends with fellow British actors Jude Law and Susan Lynch and Ian McKellen.
- Voted #63 in FHM 100 Sexiest Women in the World of 2009.
- Had a role in the film Smart People (2008), but dropped out before filming began. As a result, Sarah Jessica Parker was given her role.
- Divides her time between New York and London, where she has a home on the same street as fellow British actor and good friend Jude Law.
- Studied English at Trinity Hall, Cambridge University.
- Was a radical feminist at University.
- Nominated for a 2019 Academy Award in the Best Actress in a Supporting Role category for her role as Lady Sarah in The Favourite (2018) but lost to Regina King for If Beale Street Could Talk (2018).
- Her father invented respirators that supplied their own oxygen and machines that sense land mines.
- Grew up a tomboy.
Personal Quotes by Rachel Weisz
I prefer being as far from the centre of celebrity as possible.- Rachel Weisz
It’s also that comedians don’t have the kind of narcissism that actors have. They’re writers who perform their own material. It’s more interesting. And they’re sexy because they risk more. Stand-up comedians risk more than anyone.- Rachel Weisz
I’m very drawn to characters who are very flawed. I’m less interested in characters who are just good or bad, because to me then they’re not real people.- Rachel Weisz
I find Hollywood really toxic.- Rachel Weisz
I think actors have a choice of drawing attention to themselves or living on the outskirts.- Rachel Weisz