Below is a compiled list of the most interesting facts about Robert Pattinson. Check it out!
Robert Douglas Thomas Pattinson was born May 13, 1986 in London, England, to Richard Pattinson, a car dealer importing vintage cars, and Clare Pattinson (née Charlton), who worked as a booker at a model agency. He grew up in Barnes, southwest London with two older sisters. Robert discovered his love for music long before acting and started learning the guitar and piano at the age of four. He became a big cinephile for love of auteur cinema in his early teens and preferred to watch films rather than doing his homework. In his late teens and early twenties, he used to perform solo acoustic guitar gigs at open mic nights in bars and pubs around London where he sung his own written songs. Thinking about becoming a musician or going to university to study speech-writing, he never thought about pursuing an acting career and his drama teacher in school even advised him not to join the drama club because she thought he wasn’t made for the creative subjects. But as a teenager, he joined the local amateur theatre club after his father convinced him to attend because he was quite shy. At age 15 and after two years of working backstage, he auditioned for the play ‘Guys and Dolls’ and he got his first role as a Cuban dancer with no lines. He got the lead part in the next play ‘Our Town’, was spotted by a talent agent who was sitting in the audience and he began looking for professional roles.
Interesting Facts about Robert Pattinson
- His favorite video game of all time is Final Fantasy VII.
- Pattinson began taking piano lessons at age four and classical guitar at five. He was in a band called Bad Girls, then played solo acoustic guitar gigs in pubs and bars around London, singing songs he had written himself.
- Robert Pattinson has two older sisters, Elizabeth (Lizzy) and Victoria. Lizzy is a personal assistant and singer and participated in the talent show The X Factor UK 2014 and reached the top six in her category. Victoria works in advertising. Their parents are Clare (née Charlton), a booker at a model agency, and Richard Pattinson, a car dealer who imported vintage cars from the U.S.
- Ranked the #1 Sexiest Man in 2011 by Glamour.
- Was ranked #23 on Moviefone’s “The 25 Hottest Actors Under 25” (2008).
- Sports: Has said that darts and pool are more his sport, and that he made up that he liked snowboarding and soccer for his Harry Potter audition.
- He became the face of Dior Homme fragrance in 2013 and the face of Dior Homme menswear in 2016.
- Named by Entertainment Tonight (1981) (ET) as their top hunk of 2008.
- He didn’t know he’d been cut out of Vanity Fair (2004) until he attended the premiere. The casting director felt so guilty that she got him the audition for Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005).
- One of People Magazine’s Sexiest Men Alive 2008.
- Robert, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner placed their hand and footprints in cement in front of Grauman’s Chinese Theater on November 3, 2011.
- Adopted a dog from a shelter in Louisiana while filming The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1 (2011) and named him Bear.
Personal Quotes by Robert Pattinson
I’m, like, a compulsive eater. I’m going to be so fat when I’m older, it’s ridiculous.- Robert Pattinson
I really like Nicki Minaj. I think she’s great.- Robert Pattinson
This thing with everyone knowing you, it’s weird, because people have this one-sided relationship where they look at your picture and feel they know you more than someone they actually know. I don’t really know myself that well.- Robert Pattinson
My little cousin tells me I look like Magneto so I guess that’s who I should probably play.- Robert Pattinson
If it’s just screaming – and I know this sounds so ridiculous – that gets old. But sometimes when there’s literal chaos, it’s like being in a war zone, and that’s kind of exciting. You’re just running through the crowd of people chasing after you and no one knows what’s going on.- Robert Pattinson